Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
help me servos i am eating them up >

help me servos i am eating them up

help me servos i am eating them up

Old 07-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)
Angry help me servos i am eating them up

i am new to this and have two losi buggys and a new truggy rtr 2.o 10 tanks a fule on it and to day at races it eats a servo and my buggys are eating them up i have eating up 6 servos in on week cant a ford this hobby have to go back to racing bikes i have spectrum radio comes with truggy can some one please help and some good servos cheap to much at that hobbie store lol
Old 07-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

going to need a LOT more info... what brand and model servo? what are they doing, burning up? stripping gears?

what are you doing when the die? landing a huge jump? smacking a curb? cartwheeling at full throttle?

It could be anything from inexpensive servos that are not up the the task of 1/8th buggies... poor set-up(end points) may need a servo saver...or you just need to stop hitting stuff

Edit to add:

No such thing as "good and cheap" plan on spending at least $100 for a decent steering servo for anything 1/8th scale...

Last edited by shultz; 07-04-2010 at 02:05 PM. Reason: no such thing as "good and cheap"
Old 07-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What type of servos are you using? Because sometimes those cheaper plastic geared servos can strip the gears.

I recommend paying the cost of a nice servo such as an Associated DS1015.

I run these in all my vehicles. They are metal geared, fast, and high torque. I love them.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Are the buggies the 1.0 version and is it throttle servo that are dying? If so, you need to go to Losi.com and find the addendum to fix the problem. From what I understand the throttle servo sits to low and when the buggy has a hard landing or the chassis just flexes enough the bottom of the servo takes a hit and they fail.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)
Default eating them up

it is the throtle servo and i killed two 100 ones and it is spctrum gear new that comes with the losi truggy rtr and i put two recivers in my buggys and i am still eating up servos the truggy comes ready to run and it to day after 8 tanks a fuel the truggy killes another throtle servo the buggys started doing it first naw truggy is donig it i am not beating them i dont beat anything i am very fussy with my stuff am i working the throtle servo to hard
Old 07-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi there, I have been running the Losi Truggy and buggy for the last 3 years(both 1.0 and 2.0) The problem is in the flex of the radio tray. What I and every other Losi driver around here has done is pick up a radio tray from the 1.0 version, and add the king head brace. I am running hitec servos and in the last 3 years have never had a throttle servo go. The throttle servo in my buggy is actually the same one I put in the 1.0 and it is 3 years old.
Here is the link for the King Headz brace, you won't be dissapointed:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Tray-Stiffener

And no, it won't fit the 2.0 radio tray.....already tried!
Old 07-07-2010, 04:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hi there

There are some good servos that are cheap and work great. I am running them in my car now. Belive it or not the are off ebay. here is a link

http://shop.ebay.com.au/i.html?_nkw=...286.m270.l1313