Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Duratrax Intellipeak Digital Charger >

Duratrax Intellipeak Digital Charger

Duratrax Intellipeak Digital Charger

Old 05-24-2004, 11:03 PM
Tech Adept

Default Duratrax Intellipeak Digital Charger

How does this charger rate? Would it be okay to use with higher-end GP3300s, and maintain them well? Would the detection be safe enough to not damage the cells?

If it is not, what charger, preferrably <$150.00 total, including power suppply if needed, would be good to use in racing conditions and maintain higher-end NiMH batteries?

Thanks for helping a noob.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

I've used the Apex Sigma Plus (which is the same as the Duratrax Intellipeak Digital ) for a year with Sanyo 3000 HV - now they only produce around 2000 mAh, while discharged at 20 amps and 0,8 volt / cell cut off.

So I wouldnt reccommend it. And every matcher recommend to NOT use trickle charge and pulse charging on GP3300.

Go for linear charge, adjustable delta peak cut off, at least 6 amps and no trickle charge.

The LRP Pulsar Sport can be found for 100$. You should be able to find a PS for 50 - otherwise, save up a little, you wont regret it.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:54 AM
Tech Adept

Default Sounds great....but

What about discharging? Don't the cells have to be discharged to be maintained? The Sport doesn't have that feature.

Also, I can't seem to find any power supply for under $100.

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have used one as my second charger for almost 2 years now. I find no performance difference between the Duratrax charger my Turbo 30. I would recommend one to anybody. As far as the 3000's are concerned, most of them fell on their face no matter what charger was being used.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:14 AM
Tech Elite

Somehow I'm glad to hear the 3000 HV wont be good, regardless of charger....

Discharging: You already have a discharger, namely your car. You could get an Indy Reactor later on 20 or 30 amps, 10 amps seems to be too little for discharging.

However, I've had a problem with the Apex Sigma Plus: The cut off was too low, meaning the batts didnt get warm enough. It cut off, while the batts was around 40 degrees celsius. They need to be around 50, in order to have punch.