Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Newbie :)

Hey all of this forum, my names Ziggy from Australia and ive just been inspired to get back into RC cars, i seen a vid on youtube where someone made a Ken Block rally car and was drifting it around like like Ken himself, after seeing that has sparked something and im really interested in RC cars/electrics, even more so now about RC drift cars.

I work with real scale cars so i dont think it should be any problem with me picking up the info fairly easily about RC drift cars and all the upgrading and mods, just smaller scale really.

I havnt owned a RC since i was alot younger and was always fond of them very much, so now its a goal to get another.

I would like to build up a perforance RC drift car, with quality,durable and effective parts to create a good RC drifter, so does anyone have a any suggests or advice that i should be aware of before i start getting into it?

Cheers
Old 06-27-2010, 12:43 AM
Tech Adept

Well,you might look at HPI.they have cars designed for drift.and they also have something called a D-BOX, it assists to keep car from spinning out.and it is adjustable so as you get better,you can turn the assist down.another tip is use 2" PVC pipe for tires,keeping it cheaper,at first.once you get better then use the HPI drift tires.