Motor Care

Old 05-20-2004, 12:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Motor Care

I was wondering how to care for the electric motors.

How often should they be cleaned?
What is the best way to clean them?
How often should the brushes be replaced?

I also have a question about the capacitors people put on the motors. What do they do? Do they keep the electrical noise down so they don't interfere with the radio?

I ask this because I have a stock and a 19t motor. I ran the stock indoors on carpet with no problems. I put the 19t for the outdoor track and started getting radio interference. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 05-23-2004, 07:18 AM
Tech Initiate

have a look inside after every 5 runs...clean them by using some motor spray...and just spray it with an air compressor to get any dust out...and give it a wipe inside and out with a clean cloth.
i used to run my 15T fireball until the springs couldn't push the brushes in any more...or you should replace the brushes if they have overheated...you will see some burn marks...blueish colour i think...
Old 05-23-2004, 05:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

for motor care check this out http://www.rcxotic.com/contentid-27.html
the capacitors is used to prevent the esc from damage generated by the motor and battery. when you hit the throttle electricity from the battey is being drawn very fast when you release the throttle the battery still wants to flow. it called a ripple current. and all this on off on off will cause your esc to heat up and could cause damage. the caps will help stop this . some times when i run outside i get interferance in some places . at http:\www.venom-racing.com they sell a thing called a fail safe and it protects your care signal failure and interferance .