Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
RC8T RTR.... grownup starter? >

RC8T RTR.... grownup starter?

RC8T RTR.... grownup starter?

Old 06-14-2010, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

Default RC8T RTR.... grownup starter?

What's up fella's im 28 me and several of my friends are having early mid life crisis' i guess..... I've loved R/C since a child but could never afford more than a rustler... not that that's bad.... but now a couple of my friends are 3 months into 1/8 nitro buggies. I like them don't get me wrong but tbh i prefer the looks of the Truggies, and I'm always they're pit man anyway so I'm considering the RC8T RTR to get back into it. They have an RC8 and an 8ight 2.0. I'm wondering considering money isn't a concern, is the RC8T RTR a good starter? And will any of my friends numerous RC8 spare parts help keep me running on a bad day? Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
Old 06-15-2010, 06:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

seems like a great car id definately race one , doesnt seem like a bad starter car
but from experience i can tell you the LRP s8tx is a great car. the engine has a shitload of power!!!

but if you can afford it get a losi eightT2.0

they come with a kickass race engine and a dx3s. which you wil want a good radio if you wana race.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)

Originally Posted by Do-Over
What's up fella's im 28 me and several of my friends are having early mid life crisis' i guess..... I've loved R/C since a child but could never afford more than a rustler... not that that's bad.... but now a couple of my friends are 3 months into 1/8 nitro buggies. I like them don't get me wrong but tbh i prefer the looks of the Truggies, and I'm always they're pit man anyway so I'm considering the RC8T RTR to get back into it. They have an RC8 and an 8ight 2.0. I'm wondering considering money isn't a concern, is the RC8T RTR a good starter? And will any of my friends numerous RC8 spare parts help keep me running on a bad day? Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
Go with the LOSI it has great parts support & horizon hobby has great customer support After The Sale
Old 06-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Addict

well i talked to my friends today... they think im goin to regret the truggy.... i figure at the price one pays for these things it should be they're decision... am i right? well at the races it wont be too big a deal cuz they need me to pit for them NE ways. what they're telling me now is that on there personal tracks where they have there own points system they wouldnt really give me credit for a good time... correct me if im wrong but isnt the general rule that buggies are the quicker of the 2 do to light weight and increased handling? are the truggies really that much quicker in the hands of novice drivers? Out of the 8-10 guys that regularly run with us only 2 or 3 run truggies while the others run buggies i know its really a different class but for the unsanctioned races we run MOST of the time is it really gonna be that big of a difference? Remember... we're beginners....
Old 06-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation truggy ftw

i want a truggy really bad. im starting to save up for a losi 8ight-t 2.0 i dont like how buggys are at all
Old 06-25-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I would say go for the sc8t. You won't be let down. Many of the parts from the buggy will fit the truggy so having friends with similar vehicles is a big plus.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

does your LHS support losi?
thats something to consider as you dont wana be waitin for days for parts.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Initiate

I just find it more fun to race in the class my friends are in when starting out. You can always move to truggies later. Just a thought.