Old 05-08-2004, 05:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default HELP carb. adjustment new rustertrx 2.5

i have a brand new nitro rustler and i messed with the carb adjustments ops:
it runs but it shuts off.
i messed with all three adjustments...
what are the fact. settings for that?

I NEED TO ADD MORE TO THIS POST>>

when i first got the mechine i ran 1/2 tank of fuel and noticed that the idle seemed highand the mechine was going foward on it's own.
well i tried to decrease the idle and the truck went hay-wire.
for a good 10 seconds it seemed that it was full throttle and it did that a few times.
i noticed that the light was flashing on the transmitter so i changed the batteries in the radio transmitter to see it that would help but no luck.
today i am going to change the batteries in the receiver to see if that would help..

i read the manual and i could not find the carb setting . it only talked about the adjustment..
if i could bring the carb. back to factory settings i could start from there...
thanks ..
ant

Last edited by adamant; 05-09-2004 at 03:56 AM.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:20 AM
Tech Addict

First thing you want to do is rearrange that third adjustment. It should be opposit side of the carb from your low end adjust ment. If you have messed with that make it flush with the case for now. Now pop off the air filter and with your radio on pull the trigger make sure your end points are set right. Now with the throttle wide open adjust your idle 3/4 of a turn clockwise. Now gentle screw your highend adjustment clockwise until it feels some resistence. Now back the highend out to 2 and 3 quarters out. Now very gently turn your low adjustment in. back that out to 2 turns. Make sure your fuel is fresh or properly stored glow plug is good and ignter is charged and once you get her started richen the top if it doesnt affect the performance. Good luck.