Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
pull start repair >

pull start repair

pull start repair

Old 05-03-2004, 07:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default pull start repair

Dose anyone know of any link that supports the home repair of pull statrs that is easy to do and well illustrated. I broke mines and don't realy want to buy one back. For that i just save and get a new mill.... any help please.....
Old 05-03-2004, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

see if you can get a rotostart backplate for it and get the rotostart it makes life easy
Old 05-04-2004, 06:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yea I tried the rotostart system thats what I had first and that was crap. The gears in the rotostart burnt out before I got to the third tank. Got the ps instead now the car runs like a charm, until I yanked it out a few days ago...
Old 05-11-2004, 01:34 AM
Tech Addict

If the roto start is not comprable to your engine try this. The coil can only be rewound in one obviouse manner. Be carful not to cut your fingers on the coil its painful. Tightly wind the coil back up. The coilf should have a bend on each end. Keep in mind that the coil can be fliped so place it back in accordingly. The spoll and string should already be wound up. I perfer a third hand guiding the spool down and into the pull start case with the coil ontact on the string spool. While the bent outer edge of the coil is guided into the notch. They are hard to rebuild but it can be done. Remember that the purpose of the coil is to retain the string. If all else fails your motor can be bumb started.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys thanks for the helpful tips, got the ps repaired it was a pain in the neck but i got it though. The only problem is the cord keeps getting stuck when I start the car, A poke with my smalest allen key in the hole resets the cord. Hey once it starts run it till the wheels fall of
Old 05-12-2004, 02:39 AM
Tech Addict

Pull short strokes.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thats what i've been trying to do. When I get some free time i'll look for some p/s string or just open it up and rewind the cord better so it dosen't keep getting stuck.