Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
on/off switch problem >

on/off switch problem

on/off switch problem

Old 05-02-2004, 06:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default on/off switch problem

Tommorow I'm suspose to get my new bmi chassis for my tc3, so i went and got everything ready to switch over. When i took my esc out, the on off swicth wire came out of the thing. Now my question is does it matter which wire goes on what side or is it specific(sp?) placement type deal. From a breif look it looks like it doesnt matter but i want to be sure.

My esc by the way is a Duratrax sprint.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: on/off switch problem

Originally posted by MADLUX
Tommorow I'm suspose to get my new bmi chassis for my tc3, so i went and got everything ready to switch over. When i took my esc out, the on off swicth wire came out of the thing. Now my question is does it matter which wire goes on what side or is it specific(sp?) placement type deal. From a breif look it looks like it doesnt matter but i want to be sure.

Im not too familiar with the duratrax ESC. For your question on the ON OFF switch its just similar to any light switch if the two wires get contact to each other current will flow. Switch just simply cut the supply or allow the flow of current between the two wires.. I guess there is also no polarity between the two wires.. Its just simply a basic electricity principles.. Hope It helps you bro!!.
Old 05-08-2004, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

I'm quite sure it's not polarized, that is, it dont matter which wire goes on what side.
Old 05-08-2004, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: on/off switch problem

Originally posted by MADLUX

if anything your switch might just work backwards.. but will not effect the performance of your speedo!!
Old 05-11-2004, 01:24 AM
Tech Addict

only if your dislexic
Old 05-11-2004, 01:25 AM
Tech Addict

Try some green goggles.