Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Good stock motor for tc3? >

Good stock motor for tc3?

Good stock motor for tc3?

Old 05-04-2004, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Cool

Originally posted by j240z
Thanks for the info guys. I am planning on trying to make it to an rccar event. However their racing hotline never works for me and I can't really find exact locations for their events other than "cambrian plaza" I don't know where that is. But as soon as I get a "hot tip" I'm there.

Happy racing bro!!!..
Old 05-04-2004, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

you will have a great time no matter what kind of motor you run!
Old 05-06-2004, 10:54 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 291 (100%+)

be careful if you run the monster, I have heard reports of them burning up pretty quick and magnets coming loose.

I get good performance from my MVP and P2k pro motors, the MVP the better of the two as the magnets in the MVP are not the low grade like trinity uses in all there stock motors, so they don't require zapping. The only thing with the MVP is you have to use the Big Jim tricks to get it to work right.

The most powerful motor that Big Jim has ever dynoed ( Power is what counts, not just RPM ) was the P2k2 which is based off of the design he made for the P2k.

Since I don't really get to run stock I am going to sell those two motors I have, but if I do get back into stock ( I run 19 Turn class ) I would look into buying the P2k2 or MVP, tuned by Team Paradigm.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Yes, but as long as you gear the monster correctly and keep them in good condition they come off almost cold. Getting a monster to run well is much easier then getting an mvp to run well. As for the mvp I've blown 3 magnets due to trying to gear it correctly. Gearing the monster was much easier. I won't be going back to the mvp ever unless I run on a track that requires minimal top-end. If they create an open stock class I use the can and endbell though.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:05 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 291 (100%+)

Never had a issue with trouble gearing the MVP. only thing I don't like is having to use trimmed brushes. But the torque on those motors is insane.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:12 AM
Tech Addict

I would imagine that the epic binary outlaw motor would be the choice just check with your race director.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:37 PM
Tech Initiate

What gearing (64pitch) would everyone suggest for running the monster motor in a TC3
Old 05-11-2004, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

I'm running a 25mm rollout on a medium sized indoor carpet track.
Old 05-16-2004, 04:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Mako
Monster Stock seems to be the most popular just about everywhere. but, I am running Peak Hellfires and am right on pace with everyone else. Most should be pretty close to each other, but the tuned motors can make a big difference.
Hi Mako...

I'm also running a Peak Hellfire, and to be honest, I find that it overheats way to easily...
What rollout do you use?

I race on a medium indoor carpet track, and I'm currently running a roll-out of 29mm and everyone else still pulls away in outright speed.
On out large outdoor track, 29mm rollout hits full face before you get 1/4 of the way down the straight.

Anyway, any help or suggestions on gearing would be appreciated.

ps. I'm running a VERY OLD Yokomo YR-4M.