Wiki Posts
Search

off road dirt racing question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default off road dirt racing question.

i race the spec slash at my local track. i was wandering if it makes a different in traction/control by which way the tire tread faces on the front and rear. it may be a dumb ? but i was jw.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Only one way to really find out.Try it!! good luck
Old 03-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i have noticed a difference in reversing the rear wheels. the tread pattern will bite more on good traction surfaces. dry sand and clay or pavement though, it makes little to no difference. . I tried it first because inf a former life i was an avid mountain biker and you could get away with two of the same tires for certain terrain by mounting the rear tire backwards. I tried it on my slash and liked the results.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

so by reversing the rear tyres, that gives u better grip when turning?
i will be getting my slash soon so i might need some advice as well on setting up the truck. sry for kinda hijacking the thread
Old 03-02-2010, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bschanz
i have noticed a difference in reversing the rear wheels. the tread pattern will bite more on good traction surfaces. dry sand and clay or pavement though, it makes little to no difference. . I tried it first because inf a former life i was an avid mountain biker and you could get away with two of the same tires for certain terrain by mounting the rear tire backwards. I tried it on my slash and liked the results.
Would you say like on the front put the point of the v tread forwards or backwards. I'd go try it but its not so easy to go run my car on the weekdays between work and school.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:04 PM
Tech Initiate

First off, What controller are you using? If your using the stock controller there is your first issue.

I upgraded to a decent 2.4 ghz with steering control. That along helped my steering and control.

Next, what weight oil are you using in your shocks? Are there jumps? Try using 50wt oil in your shocks to help control while jumping.

Otherwise learn how to drive the truck. There are a lot of things you can do/mod/upgrade but learn how to use it before dumping a lot of money into it.

My 2 cents!
Old 03-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah I have the futaba 2pl so that's covered. And with the shocks I'm not sure what's in em cuz I bought it used. But I made adjustments to cut the track, I think lol.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ghost Reaper
First off, What controller are you using? If your using the stock controller there is your first issue.

I upgraded to a decent 2.4 ghz with steering control. That along helped my steering and control.

Next, what weight oil are you using in your shocks? Are there jumps? Try using 50wt oil in your shocks to help control while jumping.

Otherwise learn how to drive the truck. There are a lot of things you can do/mod/upgrade but learn how to use it before dumping a lot of money into it.

My 2 cents!
Yup if you can't drive it doesn't matter how much $$ you throw into it. Practice and setup make all the difference.