R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone

Old 02-26-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Pay Pal question

I resently posted a item on here for sale or trade and found some body interested he said he wants my item money has been sent pay pal but its been so long that i used pay pal i did not know i had an account so i sent him a meassage that said you dont have my pay pal account info and im not sure i have pay pal then i got an email from pay pal that said i have money . just wondering if its safe and not a scam
LT FAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If you really have never had a PP acct, then I'd be suspicious. Are you sure you've never had one? Its usually your email and unless you close it, a PP acct remains. You're going to have to have the password.....
Duster_360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you got the email from Paypal then you likely have an account. If you have forgotten your password you can retrieve it using the credit card info that they have on account for you.

If he did pay you for it then clearly you should send the item. But take the time to make sure you actually have the account in the first place and that the money is there. If you never sent him your Paypal info then it is his fault that it may take some extra time for you to ship it.
burnineyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #4
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

If you never gave him your paypal email its surely a scam.

Every once in awhile I get emails from someone who has spoofed paypal's page. It sends an email saying that I have money in my account (which is generally accurate) and gives me suggestions on how to spend it by providing links to legit retailers online.
However when it redirects you to login to paypal its a spoofed website and if you enter your info and hit enter the screen refreshes like it was entered wrong. They now have your information and you're screwed.

CALL PAYPAL TO VERIFY YOUR MONEY IS THERE. DO NOT SHIP THE ITEM UNTIL THEY VERIFY IT. NEVER GO TO THEIR WEBSITE WITHOUT DIRECTLY TYPING "WWW.PAYPAL.COM" INTO YOUR BROWSER.

Was the buyer a reputable person on this forum?
Neu_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:41 PM   #5
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT FAB View Post
I resently posted a item on here for sale or trade and found some body interested he said he wants my item money has been sent pay pal but its been so long that i used pay pal i did not know i had an account so i sent him a meassage that said you dont have my pay pal account info and im not sure i have pay pal then i got an email from pay pal that said i have money . just wondering if its safe and not a scam
Call PayPal
lidebt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:12 PM   #6
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to kk4hg Send a message via Yahoo to kk4hg Send a message via Skype™ to kk4hg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lidebt2 View Post
Call PayPal
...and find out how the weather is in India. (sorry, I couldn't help myself)
kk4hg is offline   Reply With Quote