R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Rookie Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/rookie-zone-7/)
-   -   The Best $3.19 I Ever Spent!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/rookie-zone/36390-best-%243-19-i-ever-spent.html)

Nrctc3 03-23-2004 07:06 AM

The Best $3.19 I Ever Spent!!!

Looking for a high-quality set of allen drivers at an excellent price? Look no further! Craftsman's Professional series wrenches have you covered! They are available in all popular r/c sizes including: 3/32 1/16 & 5/64. The best part is that they only cost $3.00!!! Another high point is that they have a lifetime garuntee. Should they ever snap, fail or strip you can just return them and get a new wrench. Where can these miracles be found you ask? Try your local SEARS or any other tool supply shop that carries Craftsman products.

http://www.rcxotic.com/images/pkg-news/craftsman.jpg

Cole Trickle 03-23-2004 10:28 PM

Hmmm. This post is too comercial for my taste. That sort of stuff turns me off... So now you cant convince me to buying these :ha:

Nrctc3 03-24-2004 05:47 AM

I'm not a representative for Craftsman or nothing:lol:. 'm just trying to let you guys know there are some cheap wrenches out instead of paying $12 for a Losi wrench or something.

Marcos.J 03-24-2004 05:50 AM

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
Hmmm. This post is too comercial for my taste. That sort of stuff turns me off... So now you cant convince me to buying these :ha:
i guess he doesnt like saving money!

Nrctc3 03-24-2004 06:40 AM

I guess not... Marcos, are you going to Naples this weekend?

True R/C Racing 03-24-2004 07:40 AM

hey those are cool one of friend has some. Did you see any Philips or Flat head there? those philips are perfect for Rebuilding Electric Motors.

Marcos.J 03-24-2004 11:37 AM

Originally posted by Nrctc3
I guess not... Marcos, are you going to Naples this weekend?
Maybe not i have to work that weekend i wish i could go:cry:

Nrctc3 03-24-2004 03:10 PM

Yes, they have the phillips & flathead drivers also. I have both of them. The flathead is perfect for tuning nitro engines!:nod:

galway 03-25-2004 12:39 PM

Re: The Best $3.19 I Ever Spent!!!

They are available in all popular r/c sizes
I guess metric isn't considered a popular size as these wrenches aren't avaiable in metric. I have these same wrenches as philips head drivers though.

They work great for things that can be tightened with your fingers, but when you need lots of torque they don't cut it, their body is to skiny. When i really need to turn a screm hard I grab my Ofna wrench in my fist like I am going to stab myself with it then turn. You just can't do that with these craftsmen wrenches the body is just too skiny. They are really nice when you can rest the but of the driver in your palm and turn it with your fingers though.

True R/C Racing 03-25-2004 12:40 PM

yea perfect for philips for like rebuilding motors, etc.
how much do philips cost?

DOMOisCOOL 04-03-2004 11:31 AM

Yes, they have the phillips & flathead drivers also. I have both of them. The flathead is perfect for tuning nitro engines!:nod:
Ill second that. These are solid tools! Don't forget to pick up a metal magnetizer so you could magnetize the screwdriver head and the screws will stick to it! Its about 2-3 bux at Sears.

Nrctc3 04-03-2004 02:49 PM

The phillips & flatheads are already magnatised. Atleast mine are.

rc10gt82 04-12-2004 07:18 PM

i'd rather use my pretty colored racers edge ones lol:lol:

fatdoggy 04-12-2004 08:12 PM

I stripped out a pinion setscrew today with my crappy L bend allens. Went to sears today and picked up a 1/16 inch driver for $3. Thanks for the heads up. There not pretty like those nice integy ones :blush: but I'll spend the $3 saved on some brushes. :lol:

j240z 04-12-2004 09:24 PM

Yeah! I've always bought "Brand C" tools. They're great and affordable. When I started the R/C hobby I looked into my tool-box for tools to use on my cars. Now most of my "r/c" tools are "brand C". Those anodized tools alot of the r/c companies look sweet, but I usually stick with the craftsman tools! And no, I'm also not one of thoses internet forum spokesmen for Sears:ha: