Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pinion question

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 03:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Pinion question

I have a MVP pro stock 24 motor. They manual says to use a 28 pinion. The highest I have atm is 25 and im dieing to just try this thing out. Will i hurt anything going with a 25 vs 28 ?

Kall
Old 03-17-2004, 03:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

not at all, the only differences will be that you will have more torque/less speed, more runtime, and your motor "should" be cooler. A smaller pinion is also easier on your motor.
Old 03-17-2004, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Pinion question

Originally posted by Kall
I have a MVP pro stock 24 motor. They manual says to use a 28 pinion. The highest I have atm is 25 and im dieing to just try this thing out. Will i hurt anything going with a 25 vs 28 ?

Kall
what car are you running? .. If its a tc3 than that 25 pinion should be the one to run . with that motor due to it high rpms....or even a 24 pinion ... my 2 cents.....
Old 03-17-2004, 07:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah its a TC3 but it looks like om SOL for today. Stopped by the hobby shop and picked up a few of the extras I needed but im short some motor mount screws. So i have everything but the screws to mount the damn motor

Oh well, Ill try a 25 then tomorrow and let you know how bad I crash it

Kall
Old 03-18-2004, 07:09 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

You may want to look into picking up some narrow brushes from Big Jim or Integy for the MVP motor. The MVP runs best with these brushes and you can gear up as well.

check out www.bigjimracing.com for good info on motors. I wouldn't be suprised you will need to gear up with your MVP.