Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
How to setup new Radio? >

How to setup new Radio?

How to setup new Radio?

Old 12-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Default How to setup new Radio?

Hello,
I have an early xmas present, a spektrum dx2 w/ telemetry...now i need some assistance setting it up! I am totally new...and im wondering where do i start?

I see the servo, receiver, esc, and the motor... but im not really sure where to begin to setup the new radio?

I looked on youtube.com trying to find a "how to" video with no luck...was hoping i could get some advice here!
Old 12-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

First off you will need to get into your reciever box. You will find this usually by where your antena is sticking up. Just unplug your servos and battery switch put your new reciever in and plug everything in the right spots. It is pretty easy. Then after that you will want to bind your radio to your reciever. If you dont have the instructions of how to do this it is usually very simple and there are detailed instructions that have and exploded view that you can google. Then after you do that you will want to get in and set all of your end points. If you have a lhs around (local hobby shop) then I would recomend that you take it there and they will show you just how to set it up and get your end points set to where you dont burn up your servos.
Hope this helps you a little.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by AkA "Tweeky"
First off you will need to get into your reciever box. You will find this usually by where your antena is sticking up. Just unplug your servos and battery switch put your new reciever in and plug everything in the right spots. It is pretty easy. Then after that you will want to bind your radio to your reciever. If you dont have the instructions of how to do this it is usually very simple and there are detailed instructions that have and exploded view that you can google. Then after you do that you will want to get in and set all of your end points. If you have a lhs around (local hobby shop) then I would recomend that you take it there and they will show you just how to set it up and get your end points set to where you dont burn up your servos.
Hope this helps you a little.
it does help...it's electric by the way if it matters
Old 01-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Do all sevos come with servo savers ? Which servo would you recomend for 1/10 scale buggy.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Servo

Originally Posted by swimcare
Do all sevos come with servo savers ? Which servo would you recomend for 1/10 scale buggy.
Servos pretty well never come with servo savers. They are usually a part of your car or are purchased separately. You will probably get a dozen blokes tell you a doz different servos are all the best. I have tried quite a few different servos and I now use Futaba 9550/9551. The 9551 is the later model. I use them in everything from a M03 mini to my 1/8 nitro buggy. They are very small (so they fit any car/buggy) they have very good power and are fairly quick. Most of all I have never stuffed one and they are great value for $.

Terry
Old 01-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Radio.

Originally Posted by Spamburger007
it does help...it's electric by the way if it matters
I found the best way to learn was to ask an experienced racer to show me in person. (It's what I did) The books don't always explain things very well. I read the manual several times but didn't get the meanings of some things like steering expo until it was explained to me. Read the manual first then ask about the things you dont understand. There is actually quite a lot to understand if you want to get the best from your radio/car.
Terry
Old 01-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Team Ash
Servos pretty well never come with servo savers. They are usually a part of your car or are purchased separately. You will probably get a dozen blokes tell you a doz different servos are all the best. I have tried quite a few different servos and I now use Futaba 9550/9551. The 9551 is the later model. I use them in everything from a M03 mini to my 1/8 nitro buggy. They are very small (so they fit any car/buggy) they have very good power and are fairly quick. Most of all I have never stuffed one and they are great value for $.

Terry
Good to hear of someone else that drives (or has) a M03 Mini. I retired mine after getting into off-road. I think the M-03 is somewhat retired and been replaced w/M-05 but that is another section.