Wiki Posts
Search

Help resetting Tamiya TEU 101 BK

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 06:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Help resetting Tamiya TEU 101 BK

Hello all,

I bought my son (yes, really!) a Tamiya XB Expert Build Pro R/C Porsche. Today we took it for a try out (it's raining...)- I found an only damp patch of private road with only 1 puddle.... Naturally car hits lone puddle and comes to a stop.

Steering servo still works, but no motor control.

I took it home, dried it, gave it the hair-dryer treatment, but no joy.

From what I have been able to glean from the manual and the net, the TEU 101 BK ESC has a fail-safe for engine short, but I have no idea how to reset it.

I am assuming that the motor got wet and triggered the protection. The LED on the ESC flashes wildly (but NO beeps) and, despite trying the reset manoeuvre as described, the LED still flashes in panic mode and the motor will not run, but the steering is fine.

It is now half-dismantled on the radiator. My plan is to wait 4 to 6 hours and try again, hoping everything has dried out...

Should this fix it, or do you reckon something is irredeemably dead...?

Many thanks,

Maxbert
Old 12-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Default UPDATE - Help resetting Tamiya TEU 101 BK

Fixed!

Either the radiator treatment did it, or my son's fervent prayers to St. Nicholas* has restored the car, everything works!

Lesson learned, it's a ROAD car, NOT a buggy, use in the dry only...

*For those who may not know, in Luxembourg / North-east France, North-west Germany and Belgium kiddies get their presents on the 6th of December from St. Nicholas (Google him, the original story is actually fairly gory ), Christmas is normally reserved for adults. 'Course, really good kiddies benefit from both!

Maxbert
Old 12-08-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Maxbert
Fixed!

Either the radiator treatment did it, or my son's fervent prayers to St. Nicholas* has restored the car, everything works!

Lesson learned, it's a ROAD car, NOT a buggy, use in the dry only...

*For those who may not know, in Luxembourg / North-east France, North-west Germany and Belgium kiddies get their presents on the 6th of December from St. Nicholas (Google him, the original story is actually fairly gory ), Christmas is normally reserved for adults. 'Course, really good kiddies benefit from both!

Maxbert
Glad to hear!

IF something like that happens again, put the device in a bowl of rice (uncooked of course) The rice will help draw out the moisture.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Tech Rookie

How long dit it take to resucitate?
Mine (Tamiya cayenne 1/10 RTR) is suffering the same symptoms.