Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
new to r/c world >

new to r/c world

new to r/c world

Old 03-04-2002, 11:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Default new to r/c world w/ rc10ce

hey guys im new to the r/c world. i just picked up a rc10ce from one of my friends. its an electric one. i was told i need to pick up a controller,reciever, oil for shocks ( car hasnt been used for 6 years), charger. do you guys suggest any other items? i need some help on getting this car setup. anyone of any tips & tricks of this car? thanks

Last edited by VDUBGTI; 03-04-2002 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-04-2002, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

For and electric R/C the basics are....

- transmitter
- reciever
- servo x 1
- Esc
- 540 motor
- 6 cell batt pack if it runs on 6 cells(Im not familiar with the rc10ce but I'm guessing it runs on 6 cells)
- charger(preferably peak detection)

And if it has rubber tyres then you may need CA glue to glue the tyres to the rims.
Old 03-05-2002, 05:42 AM
Tech Adept

get spare parts....especially front suspensin arm....and turnbuckles.....if your not carfull youll need em...get at least 3 servos.....cuase if you hit something you might strip it...you can get em cheap so its no biggie..get the intellipeak charger..its 70 and had discharge, cycle, and peak.....het a mod motor, theyre more fun...GET AN ESC WITH REVERSE.....make sure it has reverse disable...i know that not having reverse made it suck when i first started....have fun..hoped we hlped..if not he did.......oh yeah and remember the higher number on the battery, the beter.....dont get under 1700....my experience.....but have fun
Old 03-05-2002, 07:59 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks guys for the help
Old 03-06-2002, 03:32 AM
Tech Elite

Don't waste your money on a stack of spare parts and servo's - you'll probably end up with a box of bits you'll never use - just replace bits as they break.

I've been racing for a total of about seven years - I've broken one servo in that time.
Old 03-06-2002, 07:35 AM
Tech Adept

associated break servos alll the time around here...and these people race for years........that didn't make sense, but believe me ...its like a total of 40 bucks, just get em....would you rather break something and not have it....or have it so you can keep playin.....you make the decision, always safe than sorry..
Old 03-06-2002, 10:33 AM
Tech Rookie

im gonna use this one to learn how to control them. then im going to get a nitro & use it for racing. ill probaly have some back up pieces but as in buying parts right now. im gonna only get what i need. i need a controller, batter charger, & oil for the shocks maybe some on road tires.
Old 03-18-2002, 06:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Hard?

IS it going to be hard to get parts for that car i think is really old but anyways good luck and have fun