Wiki Posts
Search

RC CAR TROUBLE

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 04:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Unhappy RC CAR TROUBLE

The other day i recived my rock crawler. I plug in my 3S lipo then turned on the contoller then turn the car on and it takes off. Then I unpluged all the wires then pluged then back in and it took off again. Then i played with the trim on the contoller and that didnt work. Then i tried using a different reciver and radio and that didnt work. I am running a Novak rooster reversable one touch setup. With 2 integy 45T motors. Please help me with this. Thanks Erik
Old 11-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Sounds like the on off switch on the car doesn't work, its on as soon as you plug the lipo in. So you're basically turning the car on before you turn the radio on and thats what causing the run away. Turn the radio on first thing you do, then plug the lipo in and see if thats the prob. Keep car off the ground so it can't runoff in case this is not a swicth problem.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Duster_360
Sounds like the on off switch on the car doesn't work, its on as soon as you plug the lipo in. So you're basically turning the car on before you turn the radio on and thats what causing the run away. Turn the radio on first thing you do, then plug the lipo in and see if thats the prob. Keep car off the ground so it can't runoff in case this is not a swicth problem.
Thank you but i dont think that is the problem i've tried that. When i turn the contoller on then plug the battery in and turn the car on. Sometimes it drives normally after a few minutes it will drive uncontrolby and i cant stop it however i can steer.
Thanks Erik
Old 11-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Wow what a problem. Something you may want to check is if you have a wireless router. I ran into problems where i replaced mine with a belkin wireles n and i had major glitching problems and lost control of the car, i unplugged the router and everything was fine. My previous g router was fine and my friends linksys was fine too just that belkin i have. Also make sure your batteries are good in your transmitter.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:44 AM
Tech Regular

Two things to check. A friend had a simmilar problem, the car would glitch and carry on like a kid on a sugar rush.

Check your leads are in the correct slots to your reciver and have the right polarity.
Make sure your reciver wire is not faulty and that it isn't getting bad reception,
make sure it clears the chassis etc.

Good luck.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

make sure you programed the esc and check if you have to revese the throttle on the radio.