Integy Dyno

Old 02-16-2004, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Integy Dyno

I was thinking of buying an Integy dyno. Fantom Facts machine a little out of my price range. Does anyone have one or used one? If so what are your opinions?

Thanks Mike Martin
Old 02-17-2004, 06:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Default INTEGY DYNO

I just got a used one about 1 1/2 weeks ago and it works fine, it's not a Fantom. It works great for breaking in brushes and running my tire truer. I had no way of comparing the motors I had and it helped me find out what I had. I have been racing on & off for a long time, so I kind of know what to do to get a fast motor, but the dyno made my motors faster. The good thing with it compared to using a turbo 30 or LRP charger to just do amp draw is the com. condition feature, because you can have a motor that draws real good amps, but if the com condition # is real high the motor sucks.(I found that out this past weekend)
Old 02-17-2004, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

i have a similar unit (speed lab motor checker) that has an LCD display for amps, RPM, and condition, but no voltage readout. i use a separate voltmeter for that. does anyone know if i there is a formula to determine torque numbers based on the above info?
Old 02-17-2004, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I also have the integy dyno and love it. Like jwilliam said its not a true dyno but being new to the racing seen it has helped me out a lot. Its nice to see after you cut the comm or replace/recut brushes what kind of improvement it made. It also will break-in motors, and run my lathe and brush serrator. The "experts" seem to brush it off but for me it was a godsend.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up Integy Dyno

Thank you for your reply's. They were helpfull.

Mike Martin