R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone

Old 10-17-2009, 01:05 AM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromania View Post
Throw on caspers set-up on the strike and it will hang with any SCT. The box stock set-up is horrible and should be changed right out of the box.
I already had the setup on the strike and it really does not help much on the stock tires. The factory drivers are not running spec at all. The hubs are changed to increase rear toe, they are not running the stock tires which in my opinion is where 80 percent of their rear traction is coming from and they are not running the stock gear diff which is causing the inside wheel to diff out in corners. So, their setup from what I have tested with does little to improve the out of box configuration. In fact leaving the rear with 2 degrees of camber actually makes the truck worse than moving it to zero degrees of camber.
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 03:01 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Slash for sure, much more durable I've found!
m_weinerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:56 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to trdsupra88

Run whichever you can get parts for...they are equal is specs and ability in my book...
Old 10-18-2009, 10:55 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
I already had the setup on the strike and it really does not help much on the stock tires. The factory drivers are not running spec at all. The hubs are changed to increase rear toe, they are not running the stock tires which in my opinion is where 80 percent of their rear traction is coming from and they are not running the stock gear diff which is causing the inside wheel to diff out in corners. So, their setup from what I have tested with does little to improve the out of box configuration. In fact leaving the rear with 2 degrees of camber actually makes the truck worse than moving it to zero degrees of camber.
Who runs stock tires though?? At our track strikes are not allowed to race with the spec slash class, so we can run what ever we want. I raced my strike this weekend on Casper's set-up (minus hub position, weights on the rear and shock oil change) w/ the stock tires and I felt it was OK. Now that I've added the final set-up changes, the truck should have more rear traction

My bro qualified third in the A-Main in a field of sc10's on Casper's set-up running bow-ties all around. The truck has alot of potential when set-up right and will hang w/ the t4's, I mean sc10's.
pyromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:35 PM   #20

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I've looked a a strike in person but at this time I would get another slash.
roadrashracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:15 AM   #21
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i have a strike and a slash , and i have been breaking parts on the slash more than the strike recently ... all i broke on the strike was the camber links on the front (i changed them out with slash tierods and away we go . however the stock motor is crap . it only lasted 4 batteries and is so slow now . if bnd is sweet as well . i would say if you want to race the strike is great , its ability to fly is soo much better than the slash . but i love em both . i am grabbing a blitz here in a week or so when they are released .
turbomeyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:37 PM   #22
Tech Regular

I would agree that you should get the one you can get the best parts support for.

If you do get the strike, you may want to upgrade the turnbuckles to Lunsfords and swap out the dogbones for CVs. I would recommend a set of spare lower shock mounts if you're a newbie driver or bashing a lot.
lusifur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:42 PM   #23
Tech Adept

i had both also but sold the strike. i love my slash with tuning handles good for a sc truck and dont break parts. my strike broke turnbuckls and hubs. didnt like it couldnt finish a race
Slashtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:22 PM   #24
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromania View Post
Who runs stock tires though?? At our track strikes are not allowed to race with the spec slash class, so we can run what ever we want. I raced my strike this weekend on Casper's set-up (minus hub position, weights on the rear and shock oil change) w/ the stock tires and I felt it was OK. Now that I've added the final set-up changes, the truck should have more rear traction

My bro qualified third in the A-Main in a field of sc10's on Casper's set-up running bow-ties all around. The truck has alot of potential when set-up right and will hang w/ the t4's, I mean sc10's.
All the spec classes at the tracks that I am running require the stock tires to be run. I think if you just throw the bow-ties on you are going to see a huge difference without setup changes.
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:19 AM   #25
Tech Rookie

Default slash vs. strike

I've had a slash through a few seasons now. I've raced against multiple associated rc10s and strikes. Every owner of the other trucks have the same complaints. RC10s are not nearly rugged enough ( and I perfer associated stuff) , and strikes are VERY difficult to setup. I've never set one up, but the owners I've talked to say they will not handle until set up perfectly. Then thier right on the edge.
kingpin209 is offline   Reply With Quote