Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Why are radio control hobby people elitists? >

Why are radio control hobby people elitists?

Why are radio control hobby people elitists?

Old 07-31-2009, 02:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by djmason9
thanks for the support
no problem, enjoy your racing!
Old 08-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have to say that i really dislike going to hobby shops. no matter where you go...they tell you BS. I went to my shop and they had told me that with my new LiPo i was going to need to run banana plugs instead of Deans cause it wouldnt carry enough current. Then i go back to my race track and the guys at the track gave me the information i wanted to hear! he told me that it didnt matter because the solder can only handel 80-100 amps either way.

Also going to the tracks can find you way better deals and options, and the racers can voice their opinions on what they have already owned. I asked if i could just buy a new receiver for my dx 2.0 to run in a second car. the guy said thats fine but since you have 3-5 cars, you may want to pick up the dx3s or r since they can save 10/30 models instead of 2. also he said he knew someone with a gently used one that i could buy for cheap!

one other small thing is that some guys might even have hook ups that they can get things NEW right from the distributors. My track has a guy who is making his own battery packs ( skyrocketbatteries.com ) and can get me a 5000mah 35c 7.4 lipo for 70 bucks. its kind of hard to beat that!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Champion

The friendlier the club, the easier it is to exchange setups and find good deals on stuff people want to get rid of

If you go to a club for the first time and no one comes over to chat with you, or you don't feel comfortable there after a few visits, you're at the wrong club.