Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Venom Pro Charger Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Venom Pro Charger Help

I recently purchased a Venom Pro charger and I'm having difficulties mucking my way through the destructions. Pardon me but they’re near useless. Firstly I suppose I’d like to know if I got suckered altogether or did I simply buy a decent charger with a somewhat steep learning curve. I wish I had stumbled on to you guys prior to my purchase. In any case if anyone has any tips or knowledge with this charger I'd appreciate any help given.

BTW...it seems to me there are quite a few chargers out there that bear a striking resemblance, just different paint or anodization, to the Venom Pro and they all share pretty much the same crappy destructions too. So it seems that there is a common manufacturer that licenses its products to others.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AutoUnionTypeC
I recently purchased a Venom Pro charger and I'm having difficulties mucking my way through the destructions. Pardon me but they’re near useless. Firstly I suppose I’d like to know if I got suckered altogether or did I simply buy a decent charger with a somewhat steep learning curve. I wish I had stumbled on to you guys prior to my purchase. In any case if anyone has any tips or knowledge with this charger I'd appreciate any help given.

BTW...it seems to me there are quite a few chargers out there that bear a striking resemblance, just different paint or anodization, to the Venom Pro and they all share pretty much the same crappy destructions too. So it seems that there is a common manufacturer that licenses its products to others.
i have that charger, and bought it right when i got into the hobby. I had alittle bit of a hard time figuring it out too. I personally don't really like it, but it does its job.

Lets start with, what don't you understand?
what type of batteries are you charging?
Old 07-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

You pretty much pegged it - decent charger with steep learning curve complicated by basically no useful instructions. You can find help here on charging, but if you still can, I'd return it and get one thats better documented.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

thats funny i have it. it seems easy to me.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i have the same charger and dont have a problem charging any kind of battery and im new to the rc
Old 07-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by cheebs
thats funny i have it. it seems easy to me.
Gratz!
Old 07-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by wichol98
i have the same charger and dont have a problem charging any kind of battery and im new to the rc
Cool Beans!

Last edited by AutoUnionTypeC; 07-09-2009 at 05:58 PM. Reason: TaiPo
Old 07-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by CBHVR6
i have that charger, and bought it right when i got into the hobby. I had alittle bit of a hard time figuring it out too. I personally don't really like it, but it does its job.

Lets start with, what don't you understand?
what type of batteries are you charging?
Thanks for the reply. I'm charging NiMH batteries at the moment. I can't seem to get the charger to save battery profiles, the temp senor to work or the computer program to register that anything that's going on. Having said that it's starting to become a little more familiar…it’s starting to click with me. A bit...that is.

One bit that concerns me is that it always seems to in manual mode and I haven't been able to figure out how to get in auto mode, assuming there is one.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Duster_360
You pretty much pegged it - decent charger with steep learning curve complicated by basically no useful instructions. You can find help here on charging, but if you still can, I'd return it and get one thats better documented.
Thanks for the reply.....I can't return at this point so I'll have to muck my way through it.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Adept

if u have windows vista it wont work only works with xp and the temp only works with lipo
Old 07-10-2009, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Dont use the computer stuff and just charge...I havn't even thought about going on the computer with mine. Turned it on plugged a battery to it and started...Basically scroll through as much as you can to get to learn the basics and you should be right.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

I really don't like the charger either.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

well i too got this charger and am having troubles setting it up to fully charge my nimh packs. i am to worried to even try lipo yet. so i am trying to start low with the 3000's first. it shuts off about 18 to 20 minutes into the charge and i am only using 4 amp charge rate and 20mv. it does not say in this junk of paper that they call a manual what the numbers in the bottom left of the screen are, i am assuming they are the nimh numbers. well most mine will go up to is 1840. i did run it and only gor 8 minutes. where as before with my other charger i was getting between 15 and 20 minutes. to say the least this manual for the venom pro is very bleak!! if anyone with this charger has figured out the settings to get full charge out of 3000 to 4200 nimh packs please post up some info. or any input related would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Tech Adept

i have the same charger and i left it alone just started to charge my nmhd and i get like 20 min run time
Old 08-29-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

there are 4 buttons on the bottom of the charger. the 1st button chooses what you want to charge.then the center buttons let you choose how you want to charge it. the last button sets and checks everything. the middle 2 buttons raise or lower current or charge type,such as balance charge that sort of thing. The directions suck to say the least. But what I did was to hook up a ni-cd battery and tried to follow directions. It let me play with it with out blowing any thing up. I have a dynamite prophet charger that works great for ni-cd and ni-mi bat's but no lipo.
the numbers you are seeing as battery is charging is each cell and how much they are taking. Thats how it works for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.