Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Getting a RC10B4 need radio and motor >

Getting a RC10B4 need radio and motor

Getting a RC10B4 need radio and motor

Old 04-26-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Getting a RC10B4 need radio and motor

Thanks to the help from people on this forum I have decided to get an RC10B4 Factory Team edition as my first off-road vehicle. Now I could use a little help with the TX and the motor.

I would like to get a 2.4 system because that seems to be the direction of the hobby and messing with freq clips doesnít sound like any fun. I was thinking of the Spektrum DX3S. I think I like it because of the channel mixing. Not only will I use it on the B4 but I think the AUX channel mixing would work for adding 4 wheel steer and crab to my mini rock crawler. I also plan on picking up 1/12 carpet this coming winter and I think it will work well there too. What do you think? Can I choose between a regular steering mix for crab, reverse mix for 4WS, and 0 mix for front wheel only on the fly? If not can it do 3 position on channel 3 so I can program a PIC to do the rear steer? Iíve read the manual but can't tell exactly what it is capable of. Is there a better solution for me?

Second question is ESC and motor. There are just so many out there. I would like a BL setup programmable or not. If not I will just use the TX to make adjustments. I would like something powerful enough to put grins on my face when bashing but without ripping the drive train to pieces. When more precise control is needed I will either reprogram the ESC or TX. What works for you?

I guess I have one more question. I plan on using a SMC pack that measures 5.35Ē X 1.83Ē X 0.8Ē. That is slightly larger than the 6 cell packs Iíve seen and is smaller than the 7 cells. Will it fit without modification? I canít find battery tray dimensions anywhere.

Thanks again for the help
Old 04-26-2009, 06:40 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

pm

R