Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
help a newbie >

help a newbie

help a newbie

Old 04-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Default help a newbie

Hi, i just bought a used team associated 1/18 scale last weekend with a Mamba motor, losi reciever and a spektrum dx2.0 controller, I used the castle software to try to put some brake in the engine as it was set to 0, anyway after I did this I can't get the controller throttle to make the motor do anything, the steering works fine just no throttle can anyone tell me what I might need to do to fix this? I work nights and can't get to the track I bought this from until saturday and would like to run it a little before i go try to run my first race next Saturday any help would be appreciated!!!
Old 04-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

unplug and re-plug reach of your motor wires and the receiver leads.

Also, make sure you turn your radio on before the car each time since the receiver needs the signal from the radio or it goes idle. You may just have to re-bind it.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:06 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks, I guess I will have to wait until Saturday, I didn't get a bind plug with it. unless someone knows another way to bind it without one. Would the steering still work if it needed binded? or are they seperate things?

Thanks again
Old 04-15-2009, 03:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nothing will work if it needs to get re-binded.

J
Old 04-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by racer5c
thanks, I guess I will have to wait until Saturday, I didn't get a bind plug with it. unless someone knows another way to bind it without one. Would the steering still work if it needed binded? or are they seperate things?

Thanks again
if it needs to be re-binded you wil have nothin no steering no reaction what so ever,

if you still have steering try looking up the the manual online and finding out how to reset from step one and just do it as instructed, even the basic set up should have 70%throttle and 100%brake with reverse then it prolly has race mode 100%throtle and 100%brake no reverse,

thats how most esc's brushless/brushed work
Old 04-28-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

Yea your gonna need a bind plug