Search

Slash or SC10?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Slash or SC10?

Good afternoon all,
I am pretty new to the r/c scene. Just a little back round I have a T3 I bought about three years ago. I took it out run it about twice and put it in the box. I since then took it out about a month ago. And I realized this is something I really want to get into. Okay so on Monday I was messing around with my T3 and ran it throught the gutter which had some water in it. Which resulted in me frying my E.S.C.

So after talking to my L.H.S. they said my T3 is outdated and I can run it for a while but I should think about getting a new one. So my question is I really like the concept of the short course trucks. I think they add a new twist to the scene. I also like the Slash with it being water proof makes it more applying then the SC10. But the SC10 is AE and well enough said.

My question is do you think that with time tracks will combine the Slash and SC10 to make a new racing class? I am afraid of buy a Slash and having it fizzle out and then leaving me with having to buy the SC10 anyway. Which is a little for pricey than the Slash. Also with the Slash being water proof is that a benefit? Aren't most tracks closed when it rains anyway? Any help on the topic is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Slash
Old 04-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Rookie

I have an sc8 and my buddy has a slash that are both stock and I can tell you my smile is allways a little bigger than his!
Old 04-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

i would say get the sc10. its based off the t4, plus it seems to be a little more competitive then the slash.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Slash is one of the biggest growing spec classes this year, and it's still growing. There are not too many RCs that cost under $200, and you can race in the same hour. Without doing a thing to it!
Old 04-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Team Tekin

The Slash is an RTR, SC10 a kit. Waterproof is irrelevant with either, you can put slash electronics in the SC10.

I say go with what is more prevelant at your local track if you plan to race, or pick a brand. I would swap my Slash for an SC10 in a heartbeat.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the info. I was considering the SC10. I watched the You-Tube video on the SC10. They said the SC10 chassis is a chopped up T4 chassis. I mean is it really that much more diffrent than a T4? If it is a chopped up T4 why not just buy the T4? I like the look of the short course truck. Back when I first bought the T3, Traxxas was kinda like the Toys-R-Us of the R/C world.Is that still the case?
Old 04-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shrekito
....Back when I first bought the T3, Traxxas was kinda like the Toys-R-Us of the R/C world.Is that still the case?....
Def not, many don't like Traxxas (not sure why??) but they make a 1st class product. They have improved so they are pretty near top of the RTR market.

TRX products are well designed, well engineered and well executed. They stand behind them as well with excellent customer service. I've owned Tmaxx, Emaxx, 4-Tecs and now a Slash. Definitely hobby grade!
Old 04-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Hmm......Spend $200 or $400 for a truck you still aren't really sure you will race?

I had the same debate, but got tired of waiting for the SC10 and bought a Slash. We don't run them at our club track (yet), but I went the safe route with a cheaper truck that I can still bash around the yard. And if it turns out to be a bust, I'm not out nearly as much coin.

The SC10 looks like a really nice truck, but it's a track-truck that you wouldn't really want to bash around the house. If I had an off-road track with a well established CORR class then I would buy the SC10 in a heartbeat (provided they let them run with the Slash). But until that happens, the Slash will work for me.

And consider this.....As someone else mentioned you CAN put the Slash electronics in the SC10 if you decide you want to go hard CORR!
Old 04-09-2009, 04:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I too think Traxxas gets a bad wrap....IMO..most newbies end up buying Traxxas because they are RTR and they are fairly cheap....They smash em, break a bunch of stuff and then call it crap...By then they have a little more experience ,buy AE/Losi, and don't crash as much thus they don't break as much.....And that's Traxxas fault???

At my track, Slash is a spec class.....NO MODS......
With the SC10 kit (you can't even put a TITAN 12t in it) to make it "spec 'ish.
The motor does NOT fit

So if your looking to race it (at my track anyway) Buy a Slash.
If it doesn't matter....Buy either one... you will have a blast with either one.

We do let the SC10 run with the slashes (we just score them as a "mod truck")

SC10 Kit = more money
Slash = less money (unless you upgrade ) and there are a ton of upgrades for the Slash.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tmaxxdaddy1
I too think Traxxas gets a bad wrap....IMO..most newbies end up buying Traxxas because they are RTR and they are fairly cheap....They smash em, break a bunch of stuff and then call it crap...By then they have a little more experience ,buy AE/Losi, and don't crash as much thus they don't break as much.....And that's Traxxas fault???

The motor does NOT fit

So if your looking to race it (at my track anyway) Buy a Slash.
If it doesn't matter....Buy either one... you will have a blast with either one.

We do let the SC10 run with the slashes (we just score them as a "mod truck")

SC10 Kit = more money
Slash = less money (unless you upgrade ) and there are a ton of upgrades for the Slash.
+1

slash=great basher and decent racer

SC10=competitive racer

The slash is a great truck for the $$ and with simple mods like shock tuning you could keep up with the SC10 on the track and then go home and do some hard bashing.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Tech Rookie

i had a Slash and now have a SC10 you will like both of them but i like the SC10 more the other day i was racing a buch of Slash's and my SC10 held up realy good i had quite afew wipe outs and didnt break anything but the Slash is tougher and the SC10 is more nible and i found that it handles way better
Old 04-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OH yeah, and by the way.... there is NOTHING wrong with your AE T3! They were and still are a competative truck.

Jay
Old 04-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

SC10 dude.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tmaxxdaddy1

The motor does NOT fit
actually the titan 12t does fit you just cant run the gear cover and a good gear ratio...

and at my local track last wednesday the sc10 won the corr open class and it was including 2 brushless sc8s and a bunch of slashes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.