R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Rookie Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/rookie-zone-7/)
-   -   new to on road touring sedan (https://www.rctech.net/forum/rookie-zone/267536-new-road-touring-sedan.html)

darkvolf100 01-14-2009 01:53 PM

new to on road touring sedan

I'm very interested in finding a goodsolid car to start with in a stock 1/10 scale touring sedan any suggestions im willing to spend around 200 tops doesnt have to be an RTR.

I've already davled in the nitro world so i have excess electronics.

Thanks -darkvolf100-:confused:

Oasis 01-14-2009 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by darkvolf100 (Post 5292963)
I'm very interested in finding a goodsolid car to start with in a stock 1/10 scale touring sedan any suggestions im willing to spend around 200 tops doesnt have to be an RTR.

I've already deviled in the nitro world so i have excess electronics.

Carpet..Asphalt?? I would look for a TC5..the prices are reasonable and the performance is good, parts support is good also..plus they handle good, are not to brittle, good TC to get started..Xrays are good, Corally, HB..but to get started its hard to beat a TC5..:nod:

not home 01-14-2009 09:28 PM

tc5r

UltegraSTI 01-15-2009 07:55 AM

cyclone S, 125 w/lid at speedtechrc

R

Oasis 01-15-2009 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by ultegrasti (Post 5296467)
cyclone S, 125 w/lid at speedtechrc

R

Have they fixed the rear diff problem with the Cyclone..not a "slam" but mine did have problems with the rear diff bolt breaking..I am not the only person that had that problem..

trdsupra88 01-15-2009 12:23 PM

Team Associated, Hot Bodies, X-ray, and HPI make good TCs...

rippen 01-15-2009 08:30 PM

So the TC5 is a good car to start off with. I will be mainly running on carpet. :)

not home 01-15-2009 09:15 PM

thats would be the car to go with. its fairly strong because ive beat mine up pretty bad too. and parts are available in tons of places.

rippen 01-15-2009 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by not home (Post 5299868)
thats would be the car to go with. its fairly strong because ive beat mine up pretty bad too. and parts are available in tons of places.

Thanks for the help.

brqsdad 01-19-2009 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by darkvolf100 (Post 5292963)

I've already davled in the nitro world so i have excess electronics.

I would find out what most of the guys are running at your local track and probably go with that. The main reason is set-up advice. When my son started racing about 2 years ago, we bought what the fast guys were running. That was a great help due to the experience that they already had with the car, extra parts, do's and donts, etc. Whatever you decide to go with remember one thing: Make sure you have adequate support.

Just my opnion, good luck!:tire:

Fas1 01-19-2009 10:35 AM

Set up advice..The biggest problem I had with this is most of "us" fast guys like our cars set up differently..not everyone likes their cars to handle the same..Some of my buddies liked their cars with a lot of steering (I call it twitchy..:lol:) and some like their cars to push..so how do you figure what you want..I have tried some of the Pros set ups and could not drive the car..:lol:..I raced with guys that have won at the ITC and that have made the A mains at the Nats. and I run right with them and have beaten them also..so I'm not just blowing smoke, I just think that at times getting set up advice is over blown..you need to learn how to set up your car and you need to learn why your making the changes..This is How YOU get Fast..Knowing what works for YOU, and running what the fast guys are running can get very expensive..I would start off with what ultegrasti suggested..a Cyclone S..Good solid car for a great price, cant really go wrong..they really rock for stock racing..

brqsdad 01-19-2009 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Fas1 (Post 5312984)
Set up advice..The biggest problem I had with this is most of "us" fast guys like our cars set up differently..not everyone likes their cars to handle the same..Some of my buddies liked their cars with a lot of steering (I call it twitchy..:lol:) and some like their cars to push..so how do you figure what you want..I have tried some of the Pros set ups and could not drive the car..:lol:..I raced with guys that have won at the ITC and that have made the A mains at the Nats. and I run right with them and have beaten them also..so I'm not just blowing smoke, I just think that at times getting set up advice is over blown..you need to learn how to set up your car and you need to learn why your making the changes..This is How YOU get Fast..Knowing what works for YOU, and running what the fast guys are running can get very expensive..I would start off with what ultegrasti suggested..a Cyclone S..Good solid car for a great price, cant really go wrong..they really rock for stock racing..

The only reason I suggested to get what is popular at your local track is to get baseline set-up info for your track meaning tires, gearing, etc. Usually the "fast" guys at your track will have about the best advice for those type of issues. BTW What is the ITC?

Oasis 01-19-2009 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by brqsdad (Post 5314385)
The only reason I suggested to get what is popular at your local track is to get baseline set-up info for your track meaning tires, gearing, etc. Usually the "fast" guys at your track will have about the best advice for those type of issues. BTW What is the ITC?

I would think it would be the IIC. :confused: I tend to agree to a small point about the set up advice. I would watch the fast guys and see who drove the most like I did (hopefully your not hitting every board..:lol:) and ask that person for the advice.

tc3team 01-20-2009 05:43 AM

The Tamiya ta05 is also a good buy, it can be made to work well on carpet,on rubber or foam, and is pretty strong... :nod:

Mine was at least 60g overweight and still pulling good laps.

joe of loath 01-20-2009 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by tc3team (Post 5317482)
The Tamiya ta05 is also a good buy, it can be made to work well on carpet,on rubber or foam, and is pretty strong... :nod:

Mine was at least 60g overweight and still pulling good laps.

+1, makes a good budget alternative so you can spend a little more on electronics (although I didn't :lol: still have the electronics from my E10 and a second hand stock motor :P)