Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Trading On Rctech???? >

Trading On Rctech????

Trading On Rctech????

Old 01-11-2009, 12:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Trading On Rctech????

I have been posting and replying on different threads for about a month or a little over and i never understood how people trade.I live in missouri and what if i bought a truck from some guy from lets say florida or some where thousands and thousands of miles away.How does the trading process work because i do not understand..If someone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Kaleb
Old 01-11-2009, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Well that would all depend on the persons doing the trade.
If your talking about EXAMPLE 1: a straight trade item A from you, for item B from someone else.. or your talking about EXAMPLE 2: trading in general as buying/selling.

Example 1: both parties agree on items to be traded. Each person ships items to one another. Taking into account both persons have a positive reputation (where as you currently do not- you have 0 feedback), one or more persons may require a "Pre-ship" confirmation (you ship to me, then I will ship to you so as I don't get scammed) Since I have very good positive feedback, I am less likely to scam you... where as your new, no feedback.. it's a much larger gamble on my part. Ofcourse everyone starts out with zero.. but thats the kicks, you gotta earn trustworthyness. Always do your homework before sending you agree to a trade. Get as much info as possible from the other party, and give yours in return. Name, Address, Contact # (call the number and verify it).. etc etc

Example 2: Is alot more straight forward..
As the buyer.. Pay when you say your gonna pay. Don't nag the seller every hour on the hour. Be polite, Be proffesional. Once the item is received leave feedback! If you have a problem, talk to that person first to try to resolve the issue.. BEFORE you go dragging mud. Always be cautious with any purchase.. Check the seller out, ask the seller for info or whatever you need to do to feel comfortable. Again, be polite.
As the Seller... List your items with in a clearly understandable manner, Provide PICTURES when ever possible *Proof of Item/Ownership-- Put a piece of paper in the pic with your Screenname and date when your first starting out*...and always list a price (its a forum rule).. Another good idea is to update your ads each time an item is sold or added.. put the buyers name next to the item they have purchased, or a new reply post stating such. It lets that person and others know it's claimed.. so you don't run into a situation where multiple people end up paying for the same product..Once your paid, SHIP it when you say your going to! Another good thing to do for all parties concerned.. pony up the extra coins for Delivery Confirmation.. USPS costs $.65. And PM/EMAIL/Add info to the Paypal receipt.
It helps provide security for the Buyer AND Seller... And ofcourse again.. Leave FEEDBACK!! Everyone starts at 0..

I'm sure others will add more.. but this should get you started in the right direction..

EDIT: P.S. edit your signature.. it's a bit out of date
Old 01-11-2009, 03:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well you pm the guy and say I want it they give you there paypal/account num, you pay he ships
Old 01-11-2009, 03:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirKarnage
Well that would all depend on the persons doing the trade.
If your talking about EXAMPLE 1: a straight trade item A from you, for item B from someone else.. or your talking about EXAMPLE 2: trading in general as buying/selling.

Example 1: both parties agree on items to be traded. Each person ships items to one another. Taking into account both persons have a positive reputation (where as you currently do not- you have 0 feedback), one or more persons may require a "Pre-ship" confirmation (you ship to me, then I will ship to you so as I don't get scammed) Since I have very good positive feedback, I am less likely to scam you... where as your new, no feedback.. it's a much larger gamble on my part. Ofcourse everyone starts out with zero.. but thats the kicks, you gotta earn trustworthyness. Always do your homework before sending you agree to a trade. Get as much info as possible from the other party, and give yours in return. Name, Address, Contact # (call the number and verify it).. etc etc

Example 2: Is alot more straight forward..
As the buyer.. Pay when you say your gonna pay. Don't nag the seller every hour on the hour. Be polite, Be proffesional. Once the item is received leave feedback! If you have a problem, talk to that person first to try to resolve the issue.. BEFORE you go dragging mud. Always be cautious with any purchase.. Check the seller out, ask the seller for info or whatever you need to do to feel comfortable. Again, be polite.
As the Seller... List your items with in a clearly understandable manner, Provide PICTURES when ever possible *Proof of Item/Ownership-- Put a piece of paper in the pic with your Screenname and date when your first starting out*...and always list a price (its a forum rule).. Another good idea is to update your ads each time an item is sold or added.. put the buyers name next to the item they have purchased, or a new reply post stating such. It lets that person and others know it's claimed.. so you don't run into a situation where multiple people end up paying for the same product..Once your paid, SHIP it when you say your going to! Another good thing to do for all parties concerned.. pony up the extra coins for Delivery Confirmation.. USPS costs $.65. And PM/EMAIL/Add info to the Paypal receipt.
It helps provide security for the Buyer AND Seller... And ofcourse again.. Leave FEEDBACK!! Everyone starts at 0..

I'm sure others will add more.. but this should get you started in the right direction..

EDIT: P.S. edit your signature.. it's a bit out of date
You beat me to it
Old 01-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Tech Master

Someone really should clean up my post up there (I tend to ramble) and make it a freakin sticky.. or update the ones in the Sales Forums..
Old 01-12-2009, 02:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

its like ebay except in a forum form

+1 to SiKarnage
Old 01-12-2009, 03:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirKarnage
Someone really should clean up my post up there (I tend to ramble) and make it a freakin sticky.. or update the ones in the Sales Forums..

+1 --- Except, I'd leave it alone, sticky it just like it is......
Old 01-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

+2...couldn't put it any better myself
Old 01-17-2009, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Needs to be stucked! (bump)