Wiki Posts
Search

ESC adjustment or transmitter?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 01:51 PM
Tech Adept

Default ESC adjustment or transmitter?

Hi People

Gonna start running an electric pan car in 09 and was wondering if someone could give me some advice.

I have always run gas cars so obviously all the throttle/brake curves and speeds were done via the transmitter.
In electric is it best to adjust these in the same way or do it all through the ESC and keep transmitter settings to maximum? I will be using a high end ESC with all the usuall available settings.

Jim.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I'd start with the appropriate profile for your class on the speedo and make only minor adjustments on the radio. Kind of like nitro where you first set your brake/throttle linkage, then fine tune with radio settings
Old 12-31-2008, 05:25 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

+1, chopping some expo outta the radio or clipping the epa off the top are possible items to use on a radio. pan car, if your geared right and car is runnin proper, find your parameters in ur speedo and roll with it. shouldnt have to be workin in ur radio in most cases. not sure if oval guys do channel mixing to help get an affect thru turns that they want. didnt say if u were doin pan oval, just a guess.

R
Old 01-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks, Im not racing oval. Im a little out of touch with the current ESC's as not raced electric for many years. Ill try to keep the adjustment on transmitter to a minimum.