Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
im only 13 any racing tips tht could really help me??? >

im only 13 any racing tips tht could really help me???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

im only 13 any racing tips tht could really help me???

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Default im only 13 any racing tips tht could really help me???

im about to enter the Arizona winter series and i need some pointers

i turn 14 in November!!!
Old 10-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Practice...

Listen to guys at the track and do what they say... THEN form your own opinions.

Get a job or find a way to make money cause you will need it.

Always be nice to everyone and remember it is all about having fun... being competitive is fun... I don't know how fun yelling at others is.

Worry about your car and invest in it to keep it running well. Support equipment needs to get the job done... the car should be your primary investment... then chargers, etc...
Old 10-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Initiate

lol ok thx alot i really appreciate the help
Old 10-11-2008, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Remember. slow is fast,

smooth is faster.

While this may be easy on paper, it is completely different on the track, as you will obviously want to gun it most of the time,

Also, the best advice in RC and life in general is to not take everybody's advice.

Find what you want to do and form your own oppinions from there,

and you must remember that when asking different racers "top ten cars" etc...

you will most likely get 10 different answers.

Most importantly have fun, i started racing at 11 and found that keeping my car on the track was quite the chore, but i got better and racing got easier, and therefore, for me, much more enjoyable.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

A lot of people don't know, or understand what:

Go Slow - Go Faster means...

Slow the car to the speed which lets you drive it "UNDER CONTROL" and you'll have better lap times...the better each lap time is, and the more consistant it IS, the better your run will be, and the FASTER it will be.

Always look at your lap times, keep notes of what your lap times are, and try to make your times as consistant as possible. Then, once you can run consistant...add a little speed, and a little more speed..but CONSISTENCY is the Key...and that takes Practice, Practice, Practice.

What type of Racing? And which track(s) in Arizona?
Old 10-12-2008, 06:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I only went racing for the first time a few weeks ago. Just make sure that your car is set up fully before you leave for the race. A potential small problem can quickly turn into a big one if your race is soon and you don't know how to fix it quickly.

When you are actually racing just keep cool and drive carefully. Don't go super fast and then crash in the corners and break something. Make consistent lap times and then slowly increase your speed.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Tech Initiate

SWtour-

it is nitro off road nitro novice at the nitro pit, SRS, tucon, and yuma
Old 10-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Tech Initiate

thx for the help everybody!!!
Old 10-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

start slow, go smooth on the throttle (pegging it out of the corners just spins you out. line the car up THEN throttle it.)
Old 10-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i actually went racing for the first time 3 years ago and i was everywhere but ive been driving for about 7-8 years but you are just begning so make sure you have plenty of spare parts and you have to belive the people that have said this SLOW IS FASTER it really is untill you can wheel that thing like no tomarrow but for prolly the next year just take it easy and just work on getting around the track with no mistakes and you will fine but just take all the advice on here and just remember it when your at the track and like a couple of other people said talk to the other drivers get to know them and make friends and trust me they will help you with set up maybe parts and maybe some will lend you tires and always make sure your having fun
Old 10-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

1.) learn the mechanics of your car inside and out. fully understand how it works and why.
2.) understand how tires, shocks, and diff fluids affect performance and when a change is needed
3.) maintain and inspect your car for anything that looks abnormal number 1.) is required for this. do it after every run religiously.
4.) take it slow. learn how to control your car and be smooth on the throttle. blipping usually means tire spinning. tire spinning is not in control.
5.) setup for each section of the track. if your not set up for a triple don't triple it.
6.) watch the fast guys drive. pay attention to their lines and how they handle their car
Old 10-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Keep your car undergeared. Then, when you think you'er ready move to a taller pinion. Keep doing this until you can handle your car at it's top speed.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:44 PM
Suspended

* don't get caught up in the idea of winning, get caught up in the idea of learning to drive lap after lap without wrecking
* don't race other cars, race the track
* learn to go slow to go fast
* watch the guys as the track and become aware of the difference between the experienced ones and the ones that aren't, and do you best to earn your way into the good graces of an experienced guy
Old 10-13-2008, 05:01 AM
Tech Champion

+1 on everything said.

There is no point wrecking your car by going too fast and only doing one lap in the process - Mistakes happen too quickly when you are racing too quickly.

Slow it down, learn the track and build up the speed when you are ready to
Old 10-13-2008, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

First thing is "Don't crash"! If you keep crashing in the same spots on the track.. pick a new line to drive. Every time you crash is worse than taking a slightly slower line.

Take advice from the fast guys.. if they aren't winning all the time or making fast laps.. they probably can't help you much.

Make only slight changes to your car's set up then drive it.. if you make too many changes at once, you might not ever figure out what is helping you.

Biggest thing is remember that this is "Toy Car" racing.. nobody gets rich in the hobby except the companies selling stuff.. lol It's supposed to be fun.

Jerome

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.