Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Official "rookie dont do" thread >

Official "rookie dont do" thread

Official "rookie dont do" thread

Old 09-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Don't be an ass. Here, or at your local track. Theres nothing you can do once someone thinks your being an ass on purpose. Espically if your an ass in every thread you post in. I dont mean a total-directly-an-ass type of ass. I mean the kind of dude that says some dumb-ass stuff in every thread he posts in and is being a jag, BUT DOESNT KNOW IT.... OVER AND OVER.
dont be that guy.

Its very important.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Suspended

Old 09-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Talk to other racers and make friends. Those friends could have an extra part that you broke while racing and don't have an extra with you. Vice-versa.

Be a good marshal, pay attention and keep aware, the last thing YOU want is someone to not pay attention when your in the lead and roll onto your lid.

Don't be afraid to ask for advice! All of the racers at a track started off on the bottom, alot of them are more than willing to help as long as they aren't scrambling to get their cars ready for the next heat.

If the track has a hobby shop on site, ask what type of tire they recommend for the track, the right tire for the right type of surface your racing on can make a significant difference.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:00 AM
Tech Champion

Do:

Learn from your mistakes and practice as often as you can, it's the only way to get better.

Take everything in your stride and don't expect to win soon after starting out racing.

take your car off the track when its broken, trying to race a broken car won't give you a good race time or an easier pocket.

don't:

hang around with the guys who you don't feel comfortable with, it's better to find the right people or a different club if you're not enjoying yourself.

You can't race in fog, so don't settle for a mist of bad air at the track- some guys will hack, some will cheat, some will have a bad mouth, others just won't chat and you have to be part of some kinda elite crowd. Either way their bad news.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tc3team
You can't race in fog, so don't settle for a mist of bad air at the track- some guys will hack, some will cheat, some will have a bad mouth, others just won't chat and you have to be part of some kinda elite crowd. Either way their bad news.
And try to stay out of other dirver's battles. When you get two drivers fighting for first it's not a good idea to be in the middel of it. Just try to stay on your line and let them pass.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Don't ask for advice with gearing on here. Seems like every other new topic in the T4/B4 thread is "how should I gear my ______?" Gearing is a case-by-case basis that some dude halfway across the country isn't gonna be able to figure out. It all depends on the size of the track, what kind of motor/batteries you're running, and your own driving style.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Lol! I've got some good ones:

1. Make sure you have fresh batteries in your remote before you turn it on
2. If some clever fellow places a stop sign on the track, don't stop! (Unless cops are nearby!) (hehe just kidding )
3. Don't wrench your nuts
4. Don't keep your car in the fridge (I can't tell you how many times people I know have done this one :S)
5. Don't give a b4 to your grand-children, lol!
Old 09-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RcFanatic001
4. Don't keep your car in the fridge (I can't tell you how many times people I know have done this one :S)
And what could possibly be the advanyage of putting your car in the frigerator?
Old 09-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by RcFanatic001
Where, the pysch ward?
Old 09-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cracka
Where, the pysch ward?
no ya dumbass. at your house.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!

cracka can be explained as

"one of the only people who are still alive only because it is illegal to shoot them"

freaking troll,

btw, rookies, please don't spray bomb a shell, or come to an internet forum or track with the attitude of someone like cracka
Old 09-22-2008, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by a_main_attendee

"one of the only people who are still alive only because it is illegal to shoot them"

freaking troll,

btw, rookies, please don't spray bomb a shell, or come to an internet forum or track with the attitude of someone like cracka
LOL so true. everytime i think of him i see this:
Old 09-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by a_main_attendee

freaking troll,

x2 on the cracka being a troll.. The only replies I've gotten from him were rude and were not even related to the question I was asking.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Foxxrocket
And try to stay out of other dirver's battles. When you get two drivers fighting for first it's not a good idea to be in the middel of it. Just try to stay on your line and let them pass.
+1, if you were in the same situation you would like to think you were given the same repsect
Old 09-24-2008, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

yeah he's the ass you dont wanna be like.

DNFTT

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.