Community
Wiki Posts
Search

duratrax ice questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 10:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Default duratrax ice questions

i have had this charger for about a year the only thing i have set is the size of batteries and the charge amp 5.5 i havent had a problem until resently. i got five 3800 packs used and each ond everyone of them false peak. the guy at the track said since they were old i might have to force a charge into them but ihave ran them about 4-5 times and they still do the same thing. any help here would be great also i would like to know how to get the full potential out of my chrger. Thanks
Old 04-25-2008, 04:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

batteries are not created with exactly the same capacities, they are only rated with an specific capacities,, there might be +/-mah difference in their capacities,, so during charging, some battery got full charge and some may not,, in this case,, as the battery gets old, you will notice that your pack receives less power because those batteries that got stressed in charging will loose capacity, if your charger detects certain drop of voltage during charging, then false peak occur... false peak because of dead cells..

if you have battery balancer, you can charge your battery up to 5.5A so that each battery will receive the same capacity, if you do not have a balancer, 2A charging below will do..
Old 04-25-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah, the issue is with the batteries, not the charger. But the ICE might give you some options to help out.

If the false peaks happen early on in the charge cycle, you could turn up the peak detect delay setting, not sure offhand of the exact wording on screen, but I think the default is 3 minutes, it's fairly far down the listing. Maybe even turn up the peak detect voltage setting some, at the risk of more heat into the batteries. Also go over all of the wiring on the battery, any bad connections can cause falses too. Especially if there is a connector involved, may not be making good contact.