Wiki Posts
Search

KO radio set problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Default KO radio set problems

Evening chaps.

Wonder if someone could give me a little help. A few months ago I bought a 2nd hand KO EX11 Presto radio set off ebay.

I was going to have a blast with it tonight but I have run into a problem. The ESC doesnt seem to like it or I think it is jiggered. I can steer with it but there is no throttle. When I use my old radio set and switch on the ESC flashes as normal if I want to set it up.

When i switch on with the KO set the light doesnt come on at all...I am wondering if the Ko set is knacked and that is why there is no throttle? If it is the case, is it repairable?

Thanks ahead chaps
Dan
Old 02-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Tech Champion

Are you using the same servo?

Doubt if this is it, especially if you are using the same servo, but way back when, nearly 20 years ago, KO (and others) used different orders of the three little wires on servo and ESC leads. Different little plugs even. Make sure everything is in the same order as what works. Don't know when they changed, I thought it was a long time ago. Also not familiar with your KO model. But I had to do this with my EX-1, 1st generation I think they are. Which I loved and still use, along with some new Spektrum stuff.

They may not all be the exact same colors, but generally there is a black, white, and something else. Or at least as close to those hues as ya can manage to match up.

One other possibility, but I really doubt this one, is incompatible crystals. Are you trying to use your previous crystals? Frequently they are interchangeable, but not always. Been too long to remember all of the details, but I think 75MHz always worked for me, 27MHz Futabas didn't. The fact that you have steer and no go makes this really unlikely, when I had this problem nuttin worked.

Good luck