Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Couple Problems With My 4-tec!! >

Couple Problems With My 4-tec!!

Couple Problems With My 4-tec!!

Old 02-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Couple Problems With My 4-tec!!

Ok well first off let me give you the DL bout my rc car...its a traxxas 4tec awd 3.3..now to the problems.

1.when iam driving around then give it full throttle it just wants to turn and do donuts.i thought it was the shaft on one side broke to make it do that but they were fine.all new tires/belts are tight any idea??

2.when driving it around and i stop and go to get on it,it wont do anything but rev up and sit there till i get off the gas let it catch its self then it starts to go.i thought it was the clutch sliping but its a new clutch and took everything apart and it looked fine..any ideas???+

thanks alot!!
Old 02-04-2008, 11:24 PM
Tech Regular

For #1 sounds like there might be some sort of binding in drivetrain particularly in the diff causing one side of the car to turn faster than the other making it constantly turn. Check your diffs. Might have blown one of the gears. If its not that check that the whole drivetrain is running freely.

Dont really understand what is going on in #2 sorry.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Genius View Post
For #1 sounds like there might be some sort of binding in drivetrain particularly in the diff causing one side of the car to turn faster than the other making it constantly turn. Check your diffs. Might have blown one of the gears. If its not that check that the whole drivetrain is running freely.

Dont really understand what is going on in #2 sorry.
Thanks for answering. for number (2)..how can i explain it...ummm.. it like the clutch is slipping when i go to get on it.say if iam starting form a stop and go to get on it it just sits there and it revs up,i have to take off slowly for it not to slip..clutch maybe??
Old 02-06-2008, 12:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 3.3_4Tec View Post
Thanks for answering. for number (2)..how can i explain it...ummm.. it like the clutch is slipping when i go to get on it.say if iam starting form a stop and go to get on it it just sits there and it revs up,i have to take off slowly for it not to slip..clutch maybe??
Could be the clutch maybe the clutchbell is worn out. Should have a nice polished finish on the inside of the clutchbell. Clean everything to be sure, try using scotchbrite to clean the clutchbell and clutch shoes. I hope when you put a new clutch that means you also replaced the clutch springs. that could also be the problem
Old 02-06-2008, 05:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Could be the clutch maybe the clutchbell is worn out. Should have a nice polished finish on the inside of the clutchbell. Clean everything to be sure, try using scotchbrite to clean the clutchbell and clutch shoes. I hope when you put a new clutch that means you also replaced the clutch springs. that could also be the problem

well i just recently put a new 3.3 engine in it with new-flywheel,clutch,clutch bell,bearings,and gears.you think it could be worn already?
Old 02-06-2008, 05:05 AM
Tech Rookie

well i just recently put a new 3.3 engine in it with new-flywheel,clutch,clutch bell,bearings,and gears.you think it could be worn already?
Old 02-07-2008, 01:12 AM
Tech Regular

what about the clutch spring?
Old 02-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

check your flywheel,sounds like the flywheel is loose,