Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Hi there! appreciate some help please =) >

Hi there! appreciate some help please =)

Hi there! appreciate some help please =)

Old 01-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hi there! appreciate some help please =)

Hi everybody, i just joined this website hoping i could get some information on my problem at the moment. Im 14 and i just purcashed a Mazda Rx-7 drift - spec car with LED lights on a Tamiya TT-01 chasis, ive never built anything like this so its my first time.

Ive finished the chasis and the electrical work.. even though all the wires are everywhere and i don't know how to keep them down and out of the way ( noob ). And i bought the Futaba servo and controller for it, whenever i turn it on though.. one of the electrical systems wont stop glowing and beeping and all i can do is steer.. and the motor moves slightly randomly back or forth for some reason but it won't drive.. can anybody help?
Old 01-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

check your connections- you might have something switched or something. Also check the trim switches in the remote; sometimes the receiver is not right and they are switched kind of funny. you might have to play with them to get it right. Make sure you write down how they were originally so if that doesn't work you can set them back as they were. Try those zip ties that come with the kit to tie the wires. Check all connections as instructions say. Good luck!
Old 01-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

also check the Electric on road page and see if there are any drifters out there
Old 01-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Rookie

hmm thanks but non of it helped unfortunatly.. ill definatly check out that part of the forums.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

check the crystals, or if the connections are properly installed maybe there are interference in the signal,, by the motor or by servo,, do not install the receiver near the motor because the magnet causes interference in the signal..
Old 01-31-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sounds like you aren't settign up the ESC. read the instruction book or search on the internet for the exact procedure for your ESC. should be some combination of pulling the throttle and pressing the button.