Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
What's Needed For Racing >

What's Needed For Racing

What's Needed For Racing

Old 01-27-2008, 05:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Default What's Needed For Racing

Just bought a used Losi NT Adam Drake truck and currently putting together a new Losi MF2 truck. The NT has a Picco 12 motor and a few odd parts along with a JR2 radio. The MF2 I'm going to be putting a Novak Pro Brushless system in likely 8.5 and then also having a 10.5. I already have a Lipo and Ice charger along with a power supply.

My questions are I'm looking at the Futaba 3Faast system or the Spektrum 3 to be able to use with both of these cars. I like what I'm seeing with the Futaba but it will end up being about 100 more than the Spektrum once I buy the additional receiver, etc. Is the Futaba worth the extra and if so what servo within $50 would you recommend? I'm also assuming I can use my servo's that are in the NT?

My other question is what hop ops and spare parts should I have on hand for each truck when I go to the track to race?
Old 01-27-2008, 10:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

if you look hard enough, a spektrum will come with two receivers and 2 servos.

As far as replacement parts, where ever you race at should carry your parts.

I am just getting back into the sport after a 10yr. leave. but I always took a second rolling car to take parts off of. but if you are running nitro, I would have extra glow plugs. and all cars electric or nitro, I would definately take along spare arms and rods. that seems to be the most popular items that break.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Tech Rookie

THanks for your response.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Futaba Radios

The 3PK is around $350.00 for Radio, receiver & two servos but a lot more radio. The Futaba 3PM 2.4 is in the same league as the Spektrum and is cheaper. I purchase a 3PM & three receivers, 2 servos for $250.00 from another site. I am bias the Futaba is the better radio, I believe.
Tower get $180.00 for the 3PM 2.4 units.

As far as Nitro parts. Get em all x2.