Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Waterproofing a Rustler >

Waterproofing a Rustler

Waterproofing a Rustler

Old 01-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Waterproofing a Rustler

Hey I have the traxxas rusty electric system. Im wondering if i could someone make some cover for the back of the car so the engine wouldnt be so vulnerable to water/debris. The body does a great job of enveloping the rest of the car but it leaves the weakest spot open. I know it has tough plastic backing it up on the engine although im looking to craft something to cover it so i could possibly drive in light rain/ small puddles.

Any ideas??
Old 01-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

traxxas nor does any other company make any suck thing for one reason the motor needs to be cooled and the only way to do this is leaving it open so air can hit it. i had the same truck and i ran it through all seasons and i didnt have anything happen to the motor. just after about a year and a half the batteries started going out and i replaced the motor also it was lacking alittle from me driving it so much. so there really is no reason to cover it up. just have fun if you burn it up they are only like 25 bucks.

Good Luck
Old 01-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Tech Regular

yeah covering up the motor probably aint a good idea. You dont wanna overheat your motor. If ever though I would definitely cover up the receiver with something like a ziploc bag or balloon. But then again electric and water really dont go too well so running in the rain cant be any good. Not too mention the total rebuild after running in water. I hope you've been maintaining those bearings.