Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
For Rokkies out there >

For Rokkies out there

For Rokkies out there

Old 01-15-2008, 03:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Default For Rokkies out there

I am writing this cause I love RC and dont want someone to get ripped off or worst yet - drop this hobby all together ! Hobbycentral (hobby101.com) There is nothing good I have to say about this hobbyshop. In the RC community this shop makes themselves out to be the best and everyone out to be the worst. Since they dont mind spewing lies about hobbyshops and RC products CEN, XTM etc then they wont mind someone talking smack about them. Difference is I and alot of others I speak for, are telling the truth ! HobbyCentral (Hobby101) have total rip off prices ( if you dont believe me ask them of a price on any of there parts ). Juels who is the shop owner who I have heard over and over again is not only a BIG TIME JERK (note : I would love to use the A - word), but is a control freak which I found out myself ! If you buy a part or a buggy somewere else, he will ream you with hard questions then bash any competitor you buy from. He wants YOU to exclusively buy from his shop and only his shop ! Almost everytime I go out on an RC run I hear this shop either ripped someone off or there talking bad about some shop. One of many stories about this shop happened to a friend (newbie) of mine who doesnt go to this shop no more. For a piston and sleeve rebuild on an SH engine HobbyCentral charged him $185.00 When a brand new engine at another shop at that time cost $120.00. Another story I have heard this shop making an even higher price on the same buggy to two different people at different times because one was new to RC. May I go.... on read the other posts I have made about this Rip Off Shop ! Hobbycentral (hobby101)'s mechanic discourages you to fix your own RC, he wants you to bring it to him so he can charge you high dollar on top of that there direct competitor is Hobbypeople who sells XTM. I went to one bash area running my XTM ( which I love ) with a few other guys a grandpa drives up in a car some kid comes out and watches us run. Kid says I wish my buggy worked, I said whats wrong he said I dont know ? I bought a XTM X-cellerator I took it to Hobbycentral. I said why not back to Hobbypeople were you bought it from, he said cause Hobbycentral is closer to we live. They looked at my buggy and said, XTM when they break they break there not designed to be fixed, there's nothing we can do for you. I said what ? I told the kid bring me your buggy he then took it out of the car, I looked at it. All it needed was a servo horn adjustment. I am thinking here this kid couldn't run his car because of lies this hobbyshop was saying and all I had to do to fix it was a 30 second adjustment ! This Shop shouldn't be in business. This is what ruins RC. In fact all the shops that they talked bad about I have found turned out to have good service and fair prices. Let this shop be a warning to all ! Buy your RC stuff from a reputable shop or better yet buy online ! For newbies before you go into any shop price check anything your going to buy and watch the attitudes behind the people at the counter.

Pass this on,

help your fellow RC ers out SAVE MONEY AND FRUSTRATION !

Browley
Old 01-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks For the info and heads up!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It's good that you're trying to help, but I think you should quit spamming this in every forum.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

good heads up
Old 01-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ScruB.x3
It's good that you're trying to help, but I think you should quit spamming this in every forum.

There is other forums besides this one?
Old 01-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

He posted this same thing in other sections of RCTech.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thankz dude