Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
An Introduction. >

An Introduction.

An Introduction.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:51 PM

Default An Introduction.

Hello to RCTech! I have just started to get back into the R/C scene as I have had an eight plus year lap from when I started toying around with R/Cs. I run an electric 1/10 carpet car. To give you an idea, I went to two different tracks this past weekend; I am running a TC3 (HPI Pro 2 backup) and people are astonished of the oldie I have brought to the track. As I enjoyed driving the car around the track, I need to relearn what little knowledge I previously had and read more about new knowledge I will need. Hope to bug a bunch of you for some quick shot answers.

Off the bat I am curious to know if there could be a post sticked under the "Rookie Zone" thread describing lingo or slang that someone might find used in posts or heard out on tracks or at hobby shops. I know myself and possibly other beginners would greatly appreciate that. Anyone willing to take reasonability for this?

Thanks.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

welcome back as as far as the terminology, there is an existing post that explains it somewhere, i added a few things myself.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave_x8
welcome back as as far as the terminology, there is an existing post that explains it somewhere, i added a few things myself.
This probably it:

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=191133
Old 01-07-2008, 05:17 PM

I meant more of lingo for RC Cars. That link discusses common internet speech pertaining to buying and selling or common forum issues. Either way thanks for the look out.

As I said I run a TC3. While coming back to this hobby I am going to test the car out to see if it pays (money and fun wise) to continue with this car. Parts are not commonly stocked in the hobby shops near me so I have to order directly from AE; not the worst scenario. However, are there any clear recommendations for change? And why? An updated TC, Losi, or Kyosho?
Old 01-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Changed my account name. FatMice no longer exists.