Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ahhhh

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Default ahhhh

man once i thought i was gonna get an mtx3... now im thinking of gettin an tb evo3 or a yokomo ssg sd... i dunno wat to get... NITRO OR ELECTRIC! this sucks, if i only had da money
Old 06-03-2003, 10:28 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

You don't sound at all sure about what you need/want.

Are you racing or just bashing around the backyard?

Evo3s aren't for just mucking around, they're serious race machines. If you don't know what you're doing, you'll turn a very expensive chassis into and even more expensive nightmare.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

all those r expensive machines... i wanna race! hehe

i was thinkin nitro, but track is far from my school... unlike electric theres one close by... but on the other hand ive had electric b4... i wanted to try nitro, the sound, the smell... so i dunno wat i want... i want both but cant afford it... i was gonna get nitro for sure until i found about racing near my school...
Old 06-05-2003, 02:33 AM
Tech Master

What is more important to you, ease of transportation or the 'nitro factor' (that was bad... sorry). For me, racing is racing, and I'll get it however I can. Check both of the racing facilities, the races they run, and the vehicles and competition they host, and see which seems more appealing to you. Cost might also be a factor so talk to track locals, and what kind of costs you may be looking at to get into the scene and maintain a position in the scene... Just some ideas to make a decision.
Old 06-07-2003, 03:28 AM
Tech Master

well as usual, tc3 n ntc3 r popular due to part support... but i do not really want those two
Old 06-08-2003, 05:00 AM
Tech Adept

intro is the best ,,,, when you playing in hearing the sound your kike is there.... eletic no sound where fun..
Old 06-09-2003, 07:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Nitro or electric..?If your just starting out i would go with electric,it's just alot eaiser,cleaner,you dont have to worry about tunning a motor and trying to set your car up.I would also not get a car where parts are hard to find,I would start with a tc3 or xxxs keep it as cheap as you can and after about 6mo of racing make the move to nitro i think you would enjoy even more.Nitro can be very frustrating at first and nitro's are real fast,that part sounds cool but on a race track controling all that power is alot harder than it looks.Good luck
Old 06-20-2003, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

ive had an electric tc3 before... wasnt really feeling the batteries and chargers also the electric motors, so i had a little taste of electric cars

nitro on the other hand... seems better cause longer run times n even though tuning the engine mite be a pain, i mite actually like it.
Old 06-27-2003, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

See if the Electric R/C club close to you has, or is starting, a Brushless Motor class and race that class.
The brushless setup has very long run times with a 3300mAh Battery Pack which makes for more fun time and you can run more packs without having to wait between packs

Steevo