Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sportwerks Turmoil

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Tech Addict

Default Sportwerks Turmoil

Hello all. I've been considering getting into 1/8th scale buggy and I was wondering if the Sportwerks Turmoil is a good deal or not. I don't need something that's going to beat the world so I can't justify dropping the dough on a Kyosho 777 or a Mugen. I just want to do some club level racing. Are the engines that come with them easy to tune and keep in tune? Are the engines pull-start or bump? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I got a buddy that runs a sportworks and it is a great car just depends on your set up motor,servos,shocks all that stuff helps nd just practice on driving and have fun doing it
Old 11-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Tech Addict

Thank you, I've been wanting to get into 1/8 buggy for the reason being that the last class I raced was 1/10 nitro truck. It's an awesome class and I'll continue to race it. But the racing nearest to me, 1/8 scale is really popular and I want to race against more than 4 people.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

I know i had just got a cheap little Red Cat Gas truck and just bashed around with that and then i got 1/8 buggy and started racing and im having a blast im going to get a 10th scale because it is starting to pick up here in AZ at my local track and it looks like fun
Old 11-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rltanner
I know i had just got a cheap little Red Cat Gas truck and just bashed around with that and then i got 1/8 buggy and started racing and im having a blast im going to get a 10th scale because it is starting to pick up here in AZ at my local track and it looks like fun
1/10 scale is fun... and fairly cheap depending on how much you crash. Plus at smaller tracks you really don't need a super hi-power motor to do well. With only two-wheel drive you can't put all of the power to the ground anyway.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

I know cant wait to get it soon well good luck with the 1/8 buggy have fun