Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
noob here cant tune my rc car plz help >

noob here cant tune my rc car plz help

noob here cant tune my rc car plz help

Old 08-03-2007, 11:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Default noob here cant tune my rc car plz help

ok well to start i have a kyosho 1/10 PureTen GP 4WD FW-05T PLUS and i cant get it to run right. i got it to start but i cant keep it runing.
the minute i try and open the throttle all the way it dies out. im not sure what to adjust or even what the base settings are. can someone please help me with my problem thank you!
Old 08-04-2007, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

This is a new out of the box car? Have you been adjusting the carburetor needles and throttle screw?

Figure out what engine is in the car then find the manual on line for that engine. There should be info on what the factory settings are for the specific engine. Get the needles back to factory settings then go from there.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

did you break it in yet?
Old 08-04-2007, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

hi
check your battery connection it might be loose. if you can figure it out or try to use different battery
Old 08-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Tech Rookie

no its not broken lol. the car runs i jsut need to tune it but cant figure out if the mixture is to lean or to rich thats all. the battery conection is fine everyhting around it is good i was playing with it alreayd but as i mentioned when i try to go WOT it bogs out
Old 08-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

pest007,

It sounds like you might need to lean out your low speed mixture. Try doing that and if it still happens the way you said it does on Wide Open Throttle I would try a hotter glow plug.

Hope this helps and don't give up they are a blast when you get it going!

All the best!

Old 08-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Tech Rookie

wel i put it to the factore recomeneded settings and iw as able to go wot for at least 10 seconds im sure its the glow plug cause when i diconect the starter the car dies
Old 08-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

if you have the needles to what the factor recommends you should try different things ONE AT A TIME. Make one change then try it. Otherwise you'll never learn what change made what happen.

Some one asked if the engine is broken in...you haven't answered this yet. How old is the engine...how much run time is on it? Did you buy it new or used? Have you had the engine taken apart ever?

What you are describing now might be because of these:

- clogged carb
- clogged fuel filter
- bad glow plug
- large fuel line
- weak fuel pickup (low tank pressure)
loose glow plug
Old 08-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Default can you give me advise on this

i have always been in to car tuning and work for a comand help out wiht his cars which are lancias and i helped him gas flow his cylinder head. i am wondering if i tuned my car up if i could gas flow it and what the best ways of tuning a 2 stroke is as im used to working with normal track cars