Brushless

Old 07-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

Default Brushless

Why do some brushless motors are turns and then some are desciribed as a number such as 4600V or 5700V. What do those number mean?
Also how do brushless turns compare to brushed turns?
Old 07-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Turns are equivalence and rating per motor. Kv is a more precise rating per motor.

In other words from the posts I've read KV is an accurate and true way to rate Brushless motors.

Turns are just a description to what the motor is equivalent to if it where a brushed motor. And those are not even close some times.
The range on a brushless motor varies to much the gearing range is to wide.
KV is the way to rate them across the board in the future I would say.

I say if its fast its mod.

If its slow.? THROW IT ON THE GROUND AND STOMP ON IT.!
Old 07-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Tech Adept

Default brushless are awesome

The brushless are great fun!

FAST! I have been able to keep up with Nitros at the track we run at.
Many of us are running both and most of us prefer the brushles at the track we run at.

What ever you do if you turn to lipos just learn how to use them properly and safely. Once you do that they are great!
Old 07-14-2007, 12:01 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by StretchFun
The brushless are great fun!

FAST! I have been able to keep up with Nitros at the track we run at.
Many of us are running both and most of us prefer the brushles at the track we run at.

What ever you do if you turn to lipos just learn how to use them properly and safely. Once you do that they are great!
I've been running the GTB with a 4300 motor and running 20 minute mains and actually beating gas trucks at our track.
Max Amp 6000's.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

The KV rating is how many RPM per volt the motor will turn. For example, a 4300 motor will turn 4300 RPM with 1 volt input, 21500 RPM at 5 volts and 300,100 RPM at 7 volts. So the higher the KV rating the faster the motor will spin, more amp draw etc.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
I've been running the GTB with a 4300 motor and running 20 minute mains and actually beating gas trucks at our track.
Max Amp 6000's.
Do they make you take a few pit stops to even it out? Because it sounds like the nitro guys would have to take about 3 stops to stay running. I'm assuming you are talking about sedan racing on an on road course.

What's the aprox. dimensions of your track?
Old 07-16-2007, 07:02 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
Do they make you take a few pit stops to even it out? Because it sounds like the nitro guys would have to take about 3 stops to stay running. I'm assuming you are talking about sedan racing on an on road course.

I finished 30 seconds ahead. In the last race and the way we figured it I still would have won by 10 to 13 seconds.
The Novak 4300 is actually just a touch slower but the instant power in the in field seems to give the electric the advantage. In the straight about half way they are on me. One night I went through the pit just to goof around and rub it in. I don't know if it will become the new trend to run electric in 20 minute mains but its a testament to what lipos can do. I really think that 10 minutes would be better. And a lot easier on Batteries. And do you really think a gas truck would pit if he didn't have to.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:03 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by chicagokenji

Oh and at our track they pit at 6.45 thats 2 pits. About 15 seconds worth of pits, give or take a few.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Tech Adept

Would a motor such as the Mamba 7700K be low on power? Yes, it obviously has a very high RPM but would it not have very much torque? I have a Orion Evolution 6T Double Wound Modified motor(don't ask, cuz i have no idea why i have it. lol) but anyway when I through the 6T in a buggy it has incredibly low power/torque and takes forever(about 120 or so feet) to accelerate to top speed.
Would a crazy fast brushless motor such as the 7700K have the same problem or would it have more torque?
Old 07-16-2007, 09:33 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by BayArea101
Would a motor such as the Mamba 7700K be low on power? Yes, it obviously has a very high RPM but would it not have very much torque? I have a Orion Evolution 6T Double Wound Modified motor(don't ask, cuz i have no idea why i have it. lol) but anyway when I through the 6T in a buggy it has incredibly low power/torque and takes forever(about 120 or so feet) to accelerate to top speed.
Would a crazy fast brushless motor such as the 7700K have the same problem or would it have more torque?
Well to be honest I ran the 7700 and I had to almost glue the slipper to get it to stop slipping.

But I really felt like my 5700 wound up faster and felt more torque'y.
I just wonder if it was because of the slipper.?
Old 07-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Tech Adept

I don't think it was the slipper that was having a problem just tighten it up...a lot. but then it was more the motor didn't have enough torque to really...well...drive. I tried it in a car with no slipper & had the same problem to I'm thinking its that...
About what do you think would be the fastest motor that could could get up to top speed in say 30 feet? (Brushed and brushless. In a 4wd buggy)