Interfernce

Old 06-19-2007, 05:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation Interfernce

Hey
I have a HPI Sprint 2,LRP ESC,LRP Moter & Futuba reciver and Controller. It is a new car had it about 7 days know. I am experince interfernce at 15 m away and cant go any further in either direction but stearing works fine at 200 m.there are know kinks in the reciver aerial, esc, moter,
Things i have tryed

- Diffirent Reciver,crystals, controller, battries in the controller and car,
- I have tryed the same reciver in anthoer car and it works fine
- Reset ESC
i have no idea what it is any ideas much appreciated
Old 06-20-2007, 12:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Sounds like glitching. You probably on some ones elses frequence.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:30 AM
Tech Addict

did you cut the antenna wire to fit the antenna if so that is your problem i did that wen i first started out and it sounds like the same thing that i was coming in hand with
Old 06-20-2007, 06:00 AM
Tech Rookie

did you cut the antenna wire to fit the antenna if so that is your problem i did that wen i first started out and it sounds like the same thing that i was coming in hand with
yeah i did cut the antenna but the reciver works fine in my savage. so what do i do

this is in my street and have tryed to diff crystals and still the same
Old 06-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If you have graphite/CF chasis make sure that no part of the antenna is coming into contact with it. Use foam/tape to isoltae the rx and antenna
Old 06-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

if you do remember the exact length of your antenna wire you can purchase replacement antenna wires from futuba or other manufacturers your local hobby shop might have them as well and i'm sure they can replace it for you at a small fee.

if you are still experiencing glitching i suggest you try relocating your receiver as far away from the esc, wires and other electronic stuff, you can also try putting oil on your motor bushings that's gonna decrease your glitching significantly specially if it's an old motor.

you can buy antenna mounts from your lhs so you can place your receiver as close as possible to your antenna thats gonna help you prevent glitch as well as increase your range.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:47 PM
Tech Rookie

I gotta ask if your antenna wire is laying very near or on any of the servos? I think I solved a jitter problem in my sailboat rudder and mainsheet after clearing the antenna wire away from the rudder servo. Might sound like rookie (which I am) but seems to work!
Old 07-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Strider4256
yeah i did cut the antenna but the reciver works fine in my savage. so what do i do

this is in my street and have tryed to diff crystals and still the same
Never cut the antenna wire. The length is set to work at a certain frequency to your receiver, and every receiver is different. Spektrum 2.4ghz stuff is different, you can cut a little, but FM and AM receivers need the appropriate length of wire. If it works in another car, you got lucky. Beyond that, there are a number of things that could make you glitch. Electric and nitro have different issues with regards to radio interference. Electric: make sure your antenna wires don't touch anything graphite and are insulated all the way out the top of the car. Use fully charged batteries in your transmitter, full power sends a better signal. Keep the car battery free from and graphite as well. Don't put your receiver near your servo. Servos have gears and create electric noise especially metal geared or digital ones. If you use a transponder, keep it away from receiver and servo. Make sure all your wires aren't a big rat's nest, keep them organized and separated from each other, don't intertwine them in a mess, this creates a bad electrical route. Keep your motor clean and with broken in brushes on the motor, graphite can carbon dust can create more arcing in the motor as do brushes not broken in. Also, keep an eye out for where you drive your car, cyclone fences, telephone lines, etc. all conduct radio waves and play havoc. Lastly, you kind of get what you pay for with your radio stuff. AM stuff is cheaper and can work but is a much wider radio signal than FM and the cheaper stuff doesn't work as well.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Tech Rookie

heh
Old 07-16-2007, 10:58 PM
Tech Adept

Diesel, what car is that in your icon?