Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What brands

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 07:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile What brands

I'm might be getting a car soon, and i can get them straight from japan. But I want to know all the Japanese brand names so I can get them cheap there. Can anyone list them?
Any help appreciated
Old 04-21-2003, 09:38 PM
Suspended

Do yuo live in japan? If you want a small one than a MINI-z is a fun little car. But for the bigger one choose if you want nitro or electric.
Old 04-21-2003, 10:32 PM
Tech Initiate

I don't live in Japan, but I have relatives there that come to New Zealand now and then, and they can bring stuff from Japan for me.
I was looking for a 1/10 scale electric brands.
Old 04-21-2003, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

There's Tamiya, Kyosho, Yokomo, Alex Racing. There's a few others though I can't remember them right now. If you want a high performance racing TC's then Tamiya has the Evo3 or the TRF414MII and Yokomo has come out with there MR-4TC SD. Alex racing has come out with the Barracuda R2 and Kyosho has had the Kx-1 out for some time. You should check out some of the threads for the different cars in the electric forum.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-22-2003, 02:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks fatdoggy. Yes your post helped.
Though im a little dissappointed that HPI Team Associated isn't Japanese, because I was interested in the Pro 3 and TC3. Oh well. Thanks anyway, and i'll check out those cars.
Old 04-22-2003, 03:32 AM
Tech Elite

Hpi is every where, if your interested in the pro3(but it might be replaced by the pro4 soon?). The Tc3 would be a solid choice but I don't know about support in Japan?. Forget the Kyosho Kx-1 I listed, it's getting old and you'll want a kit that will have parts support for a while. What ever you do make sure you get lots of spare parts. I'll add the new budget priced Xray to the list, I havn't heard anything bad about Xray's since they came out.

Editted list.

Budget kits

- XRay T1R $220 US but if you have the cash then the Evo2 $320 US (but I don't know about support in Japan)
- Tc3 Racer $150 US (good deal but not much support in japan, I think...)

Full race kits

- Tamiya Evo3 (expencive but alot of support in japan) around $300 US
- Tamiya TRF414mII (expencive but alot of support in japan) around $300 US
- Yokomo MR-4TC SD (getting expencive but alot of support in japan) around $270 US
- Alex racing Barracuda R2 (expencive but alot of support in japan) around $310 US

Last edited by fatdoggy; 04-22-2003 at 03:40 AM.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:26 PM
Suspended

Team associated is a very good company. www.rc10.com
Old 04-22-2003, 04:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Wow, thanks for the replies. I agree RCKing
Fatdoggy, I never thought anyone from the RC community would take so much effort to help one person. Thanks
I'll probably get the car in mid June, my brithday.
All the 'full race kits', like you said are too expensive, and I can't afford them. I only want to spend about JPN25,000 yen, which is about US$210.

I also found out that there is only one place for race meetings in my area, and they have meetings only every other Saturday
So even if I bought a full race kit I would only race it once every two weeks. Unless I practice in the driveway.
I also need to ring my relatives in Japan for info, cause the hobby shop is really close to them, and they know them.
If they have the TC3 for cheap, then thats the best option (btw which one is best? because there are different versions). If not i'll ask how much the XRay T1R is. I'll ask for Pro 3 as well.

When you say buy a lot of spare parts, which bits do you mean?
Thanks
Old 04-22-2003, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

No sweat. It's all about building the hobby.

The TC3 comes in 3 ways, Racer($150US), Team ($210US) and factory team ($270US). The more you spend the prettier the car looks(it does improve performance a little though if your a really good driver).

Click here for the Racer/Team and FT specs

AE's main TC3 page

Spares - suspension arms, hinge pins, steering knuckles would be guessing. I'm not sure, check out the TC3 thread in the Ele forum they should be able to help you on that front.

Cheers.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Fatdoggy
Old 04-22-2003, 09:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Team TC3 seems the best option with US$210. Though I didn't know it didn't come with a shell.
Does composite mean plastic? eg. composite MIP CVDs as a driveshaft. Also, this may sound stupid but what are 'turnbuckles'?
Thanks
Old 04-22-2003, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Bodies cost around $20US so I'm guessing about double in NZ dollars.

Composite, um the composite shocks are plastic so I guess it means plastic.

Turnbuckle - These are the things that you adjust toe and camber on the TC3.

You see the camber and toe words are connecting to the threaded metal rods, the metal rods are turnbuckles, you turn them to alter the cars settings and the way the car acts.

Cheers.
Old 04-22-2003, 11:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks. again
Fatdoggy, you seem to be on and off this forum all day.
I understand what the turnbuckes are now. Thanks
In the TC3 site you gave me, there was an overhead picture and the batteries were 'indivisual' (dont know what there called), can you use stick pack batteries? cause they seem easier to manage.
thanks (i seem to be saying thanks a lot in this forum)
Old 04-23-2003, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Yep I'm here quite a bit.

Yep you can use stick packs, you just turn the battery hold down over for stick packs. The packs in the pic are in side by side format, like you said there individual cells are placed side by side and then conected with battery bars. Go here if you interested in how to change from stick to side by side.

Cheers.

P.s. You don't have to keep saying thanks, I'm happy to help.

Last edited by fatdoggy; 04-23-2003 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:45 AM
Suspended

GOOD LUCK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.