What Buggy

Old 03-30-2007, 09:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Default What Buggy

I'm lookin to get a Buggy but don't know what to get. i want one that i can bash and beat. one that i can jump alot. got any suggestions.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

buggy... be more specific. electric or nitro?
Old 03-30-2007, 07:44 PM
Tech Initiate

nitro, i was thinking a jammin but wasn't sure. only want nitro, electric is too much to keep up with charging.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

how much nitro experience do you have?
1/8 gas buggy is lot of fun but gas cars are a lot more work than electric.
all depend on the user, willingness to work on the car and keep it in good condiition.
not much 1/10 gas buggy out there, and please do not buy those eBay cars like smartech, excel, etc. No hobbyshop would have the parts you need for those.
so, back to 1/8 buggy, ofna ultra comp lx rtr is very affordable, only $300 street price, and this is a rtr we're talking about, even with glow heater and fuel bottle. more power than you need for a beginner, durable and well built.

electric wise, go with a rc10b4, rtr is plenty good, many hop-ups available. 4wd buggy wise, look into a tamiya dark impact or keen hawk, both are df03 chassis, good features and affordable.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by helidart
I'm lookin to get a Buggy but don't know what to get. i want one that i can bash and beat. one that i can jump alot. got any suggestions.

If it was me, I would get a Revo, and do some upgrades to make it more durable than stock parts. Revo can just handle just about any bashing and jumping. But it all depends how much u know about Nitro and upgrades r a bit pricey than stock parts. Once u get the upgrades of what is needed to make it more durable then u will have a blast time bashing and jumpin' into the air with the RC nitro.

J.B.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:34 AM
Tech Initiate

i've had my savage about three years. i'm pretty good with it and keeping up with it. not so good at knowing the best parts or upgrades, but then again i didn't really have to upgrade it that much( bought it off a guy that had pullin wheelies at the pull of the trigger). i know some stuff on what to get but not alot. don't really want electric, not my style. i like the nitro. hold on is a revo even a buggy? also thought about a ultra mbx comp from ofna.

Last edited by helidart; 03-31-2007 at 06:01 AM.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Talking

i really want to bash the heck out of this thing. cant go over $400. whats a good buggy or truggy, also one that has alot of upgrade options and replacement parts
Old 04-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would suggest rc10b4 race spec.Ive got one and Ive flipped it a few times and its pretty tough. Plus being on the rc10 lineage it has lots of parts availbility and upgrades.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Rookie

another suggestion i have is the Mugen MBX5. I found it to be real durable while learning to race. I have one that only has one race day on it if you are interested. PM me.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

ofna's cheap rtr kits. something like the ravage or mbx comp (the one that comes with 6 tires that are blue and yellow). or, if you wanted you could go with the hyper 7 tq sport and build your buggy to make it run (not really sugested for new guys).

ofna....... can't go worng.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:32 AM
Tech Initiate

i like ofna heard good things bout them. i no its not a buggy but the jammin x1-crt truggy. is that a good one right out of the box?
Old 04-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Losi Eight maybe ore even for bashing go for the T-maxx.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Ofna has a lot of bashing around buggies and they have the jammin truggy rtr or kit.