tools

Old 03-14-2003, 11:54 AM
Tech Adept

Default tools

Start out from scratch(Newbie), What are the tools that I have to get? What is the price range that I will be spending total, just in tools? thanks guys
Old 03-14-2003, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

My local track sells a whole bunch of tools. They are like $30 for a set of good allen wrenches. I didn't want to spend that much so I went to the local Sears and picked up for Craftsman allen wrenches (the ones with the handles). They were $2.99 each. I also picked up the three nut drivers that I needed also. They were $6.79 each. The total came to about $30 total. The best part is, if the allen wrenches ever break or strip, I can take them back to the place I bought them and get another one for free right on the spot.
Old 03-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

I forgot all about hardware stores. thanks, so all i need are allen wrenches and nut drivers?
Old 03-14-2003, 02:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Most kits will come with the L-shaped allen wrenches that you can get by with.
A glow plug wrench is a must...duratrax one is pretty good (12 bucks I think)
I like the screwdriver type allen wrenches with the ball end. Those are like 2-3 dollars...by great planes
Old 03-14-2003, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Before you start spending money on wrenches, get the tools after you decide on a kit. With many different companies out there, there are mixes between standard and metric sizes.
Old 03-14-2003, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Default Rookie Zone > tools

MUST have tools:

Most kits come with the necessary small wrenches that you need to built an maintain your Car.

A Quality screwdriver with replaceable bits works good. A #2 Phillips bit for most cars.

If the Car you buy takes Allen Head screws in the bottom of the chassis, I'd invest in at least an Allen Driver to fit.

Glow plug wrench for Nitro cars (5/16" or 8mm).

If you decide to get into racing seriously, you would want to pick up many more, to make life easier at the track.