Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
HB Lightning 10 - Adjusting the suspension? >

HB Lightning 10 - Adjusting the suspension?

Old 01-13-2007, 03:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Does anybody know how to adjust the suspension on the hb lightning 10 ?
I've only just started with nitro models, the car is fully ran in just everytime I steer it around a corner (Left or right) on grass, at a decent speed it seems to flip out and stall

Any help appreciated thanks.

P.S: I'm not sure if it's even possible as far as I know it is
Old 01-14-2007, 02:10 AM
Tech Regular

The thing with the lightning 10 is that it has composite shocks. My previous experience with composite shocks is that they tend to leak, although they are not suppose to it does happen. So if you have never opened up your shocks before, I suggest you remove them and check the orings at the bottom. After refill them with some good shock oil. RTR's sometimes dont come built very well which includes the shocks assembly. Before you put the shocks back on, check that the everything is moving freely without any binding. once you've reassembled everything, check that your ride height isnt to far from the ground. You can do this by adding and removing the spacers. Push down on the car and it should rebound to about arms level.

when the car flips over dont over rev the car cause the only thing keeping the engine running is the fuel in the line. If tuned properly the car should continue idling long enough for it to be flipped back over.

sometimes flipping over is just a sign that your driving the car too hard

hope this helps
Old 01-14-2007, 08:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by Genius
The thing with the lightning 10 is that it has composite shocks. My previous experience with composite shocks is that they tend to leak, although they are not suppose to it does happen. So if you have never opened up your shocks before, I suggest you remove them and check the orings at the bottom. After refill them with some good shock oil. RTR's sometimes dont come built very well which includes the shocks assembly. Before you put the shocks back on, check that the everything is moving freely without any binding. once you've reassembled everything, check that your ride height isnt to far from the ground. You can do this by adding and removing the spacers. Push down on the car and it should rebound to about arms level.

when the car flips over dont over rev the car cause the only thing keeping the engine running is the fuel in the line. If tuned properly the car should continue idling long enough for it to be flipped back over.

sometimes flipping over is just a sign that your driving the car too hard

hope this helps
Thanks just got back from running the car , still adjusting the suspension since the starter went flat when i was running it, rolled it at top speed

Also anyone on here for northamptonshire in the uk? I'm looking for a club to start racing at somewhere near Rothwell.