Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Oscillator Frequency? >

Oscillator Frequency?

Oscillator Frequency?

Old 12-20-2006, 06:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Oscillator Frequency?

My friend had bought an RC car from Radio Shack a while ago. It one day quit working so he took it to radio shack, and they said it had a bad oscillator. So he had them fix it....

Now nothing works! The Oscillator in the car says 26.540Hz and the one in the controller says 26.540Hz. The crystal in the controller is the one that they replaced, but the old crystal that they took out says 27.045Hz.

I always thought that they had to be the same, but I guess I'm not really sure. Did they simply put the wrong one in the controller?

-Aaron

Last edited by FlamingChicken; 12-21-2006 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

yer they do have to be the same, as this is the frequency on which the car transmits its signals.

so take it back, also did you say it had a 26.540Hz rx(crystal in car) and a 27.450Hz tx (one in remote) and it worked

anyway are they removeable or soldered in. if removeable u can get a set for around Au$8 (i think maybe $5 us)
Old 12-21-2006, 08:53 AM
Tech Rookie

They are soldered in. It is quite possible that he replaced both crystals, but there was only one in the bag (he gave my friend a bag with the old parts and reciepts). There was also a (used) red sticker in the bag that said "27.045Hz" on it...

Last edited by FlamingChicken; 12-21-2006 at 09:15 AM.