Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Best QUALITY car around 300 dollar budget... >

Best QUALITY car around 300 dollar budget...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best QUALITY car around 300 dollar budget...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Best QUALITY car around 300 dollar budget...

Hi, total n00b here. I'd like a nice car that can:

take a bit of a beating

go offroad and take some bumps

reach at least 40 mph

avoid the cost of constant maintenace (light maintenance to none)

can work in rain

If there's anything important that you don't see on my list please inform me about it. I know NOTHING... I dont even know what the advatages of gas over electric (other than the obvious) and vice versa are....

Looking for best quality at best price.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

well I wouldn't drive them in the rain. But there a few good brands like Losi or Associated. I personally would recommend the Losi MF2 kit. very strong durable truck and can be raced. Are you wanting a kit for bashing or racing?
Old 12-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Tech Rookie

I dont really plan to race it...

I do have a golf course and some really cool trails by my house that would be fun to romp on.

Basically I want whatever's the most fun + quality. I dont know what 300 can get me but i want to avoid cheap parts as much as possible for the price.

I remember when I was a kid I'd always see broken cars in my friends garages

Last edited by EsthetiX; 12-05-2006 at 12:19 AM.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Tech Rookie

By the way XXXCRRacer I live right by you!
Old 12-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Tech Rookie

I have to tell you about the duratrax evader series...

its not a popular choice for racing, i think due to parts availability at the track

but it is one tough truck i have had one for 5 years and even have taken it too skate parks...

if i was going too spend 300 on a good basher id get another one for less than a hundred off ebay and add a $200 dollar brushless system for some speed

but i wouldnt drive it in the rain and a $200 brushless system like the novak ss5800 will only bring it too about 30 mph

what i think would be insanely cool is a used evader and a novak gtb 3.5 brushless-about $375-$400 including battery
Old 12-06-2006, 01:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Talking

i found a good site on rc cars , check out their reviews page, i bought a jato meself, love the damn thing lol

cheers!
Old 12-14-2006, 09:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EsthetiX
Hi, total n00b here. I'd like a nice car that can:

take a bit of a beating

go offroad and take some bumps

reach at least 40 mph

avoid the cost of constant maintenace (light maintenance to none)

can work in rain

If there's anything important that you don't see on my list please inform me about it. I know NOTHING... I dont even know what the advatages of gas over electric (other than the obvious) and vice versa are....

Looking for best quality at best price.
sounds like an rc18b ...mate 8000kv mamba 25 couple of lipoz it will do mor ethan u want
Old 12-15-2006, 07:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I would look at the Traxxas Rustler or Stampede both good trucks, I would stay with electric just because nitro and golf courses don't mix real well. Stick with the RTR's, Kits are not in your budget... , Another truck you should give a look to is the HPI Wheelie King it should be in the $180 range and that's with a battery also, It would get you into the hobby but It's not going to do 40 mph though, But it will go fast enough to have fun. Good luck and I hope you can find something to suit your needs.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

Both the Rustler and the Evader are afforable and tough. I lean a little more toward the Rustler only because I think parts are more available, and because of the beatings I've seen on the 3 or 4 within my circle of RC friends. Both have many upgrades and I think they are a nice all-around RC for the money if you just want to run around and not race. We have a combo of both in nitro and electric. I'm amazed at how well they hold up.

The Stampede will get you a little more ground clearance, and is a real fun truck as well. It can take quite the beating with the right upgrades, but doesn't handle as well as the other two.

One of the biggest factors in your decision should be this: What parts does a local hobby shop carry? Nothing stinks more than going out for a spin and 10 minutes later you've broken it. Then, sitting down at the PC to order parts, only to wait 7 to 10 days for them.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking

i still stand by the traxxas jato thing is so fast, watch the video for youself.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Can I get some more thoughts... Tha Jato looks cool. It's a bit pricey though. I've decided to keep it under 250.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Tech Rookie

I think I', going to go for the RUSTLER. Is there a better option in this price range?
Old 08-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Tech Rookie

rc18b rtr?
Old 08-08-2007, 12:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Id go with the rustler, if I was bashing and on a budget.

Just bear in mind that there are some things you will need to buy despite these cars being RTR...for example, the chargers that come with RTRs are awful, they take like 6 hours to charge a stick pack. An inexpensive peak charger is definately necessary, and a few extra packs too

Have fun!
Old 08-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Frost99999
Id go with the rustler, if I was bashing and on a budget.

Just bear in mind that there are some things you will need to buy despite these cars being RTR...for example, the chargers that come with RTRs are awful, they take like 6 hours to charge a stick pack. An inexpensive peak charger is definately necessary, and a few extra packs too

Have fun!
nitro?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.