Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
whats the fastest responding reciever? any one? >

whats the fastest responding reciever? any one?

Old 09-20-2006, 02:24 AM
Tech Addict

hi i posted a few forum threads about recievers and didnt get the response i wanted so i thought id get straight to the point with the question above.
so does anyone know what the fastest responding reciever is for a basic application .
im looking for an- AM 29 mhz 2 channel reciever or 3 channel if i can use a 3 channel reciever with a 2 channel radio reason being the 3rd channel for a transponder would this work?

i heard the spectrum recievers can be used with other radios as well as the synthesized recievers can be used with crystal radios would the synthesized recievers be faster then the basic ones? and be better quality? but still able to achieve this used with a basic radio?

basically im trying to push from basic to the best that basic can get by using a fast responding reciever which i can then still use with a higher end radio like the spectrum dsx or the jr sx3 synthesized radios later on but for now its going to be used for a older style- pro. ko propo ex-5 radio.

any ideas on whats available to super charge my basic radio set up?
thanks.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thought we explained things well on your other thread..

Anyway no you cannot upgrade your transmitter to take spectrum or synthesized. Those radios you have are too old and are AM. So just enjoy them and save for a new radio. Im not sure why you would want to spend money to upgrade them. The spectrum upgrade that fits the futaba 3pk costs more then the DSX radio. Besides wich the Spectrum is not going to fit non fm module equipt radios.

As for the synthesized receivers and radio yes you could use the receivers with your radio profiding they are on AM 27mhz that you require. But im sure they are all in FM band. So really you stuck running what you got, again your not going to find a boost for your am system. You best bet is go to a fm radio. BEst bet for the price is the Futaba 3pm(synthesized)

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Search/D...pectrum&CatId=
Old 09-29-2006, 05:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

My question is why are you worried about the signal speed, I have a Futaba 3PK and when I used it on the HRS mode (this was with the HRS receiver) I could not tell a difference between them, The speeds that you are worried about are so fast that the response time differences are so small that I don't really think you could tell a difference. I would think that servo speed would be more important than receiver speed would be. The differences in the speed of the different servos are quite large and very noticeable. Maybe you could explain why you want a AM radio with "faster" response time...