Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Need help finding a body >

Need help finding a body

Need help finding a body

Old 07-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Default Need help finding a body

I am rebuilding my brothers tamiya TA01. He bought it over 10 years ago when he was in japan. Its kinda just a sentimental thing. I am having trouble finding the body i want for it and thought id see if anyone knows where i might find one. I am looking for a 2006 Cadillac CTS. Not the CTS-V. or a 2006 Mercedes C230. Here is a pic. of his Caddy at NOPI 2005 in Atlanta GA.[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

As far as I know the Protoform CTS-V will be the closest thing to what you want even though you said that's not what you want...lol
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=PFM147200

Never seen a C230 body either but here's a pretty good list of what's out there for Mercedes in general: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...EARCH=MERCEDES
Old 07-23-2006, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well if you have an old Tamiya I'd get a old Tamiya shell to match the car. You can go to any lhs and buy the CTS. They are good for racing, the shell that is. The TA01's are kind of rare and shouldn't be put thru the racing ringer anymore.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:48 AM
Tech Adept

Like i said in my post my bro. bought it over ten years ago so i know its old and i know it wont compare to the racers this day in age. He puts his caddy in the nopi car show and just thought it would be cool to have a mini version of his car or a mini of my benz. I just want to fix it up for sentimental reasons. I myself prefer nitro bashing. Going 50' in the air seems alot funner than doing circles.